Onya Royce and Bidders | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Onya Royce and Bidders

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Seeing they cop nothing but bagging and people saying they shouldn't be in the team I'd like to say well done to these two guys.
Hold your heads up high, you really did your bit today.
Like Stan Alves said it's a pity when we get some players back from injury that players of the calibre of Bidders and Vardy probably won't have a spot when they've shown today they are up to AFL standard.
For all the bagging they cop, don't forget Bidders was in pretty good form before his injury, and neither of them have ever really had a chance to stake a claim.
It's good to have guys in the wings ready to stand up when it's needed, and Bidders and Royce certainly did their bit today.

I'm with you Rosy, I am just glad that today they showed their critics that they can play good football when given a chance. I always thought that about Andy Krakouer, he just needed to get a couple of full games under his belt to show what he is capable of, gee he is exciting to watch, him and Rodan on song, yippee!!!! :D

It was good to see Vardy and Bidders play some good football for a change. And what can you say about Krakdaddy.

BUT

One good game does not a career make. I highly doubt whether they will be able to maintain that standard for weeks on end like the good players do. And another thing, just because a couple of hacks finally get a bit of ball doesn't mean they should be rewarded with lucrative contracts. We have suffered time and again because fringe players put in a couple of good performances towards the end of there contracts and get renewed while their previous years outputs are conveniently overlooked. Don't fall for the same trap again Richmond. Biddersombe has a long, long, LONG way to go before he should be even considered for a spot on the list next year.

Snap out of it! Biddiscombe in 2001 was one of our better players. In 2002 he had an interupted season, and was a bit down on form but he wasn't on his Pat Malone.
From what I saw of him today he looked like he is capable of capturing his form from 2001. After only a couple of games on the field this season I think he's on track. Give the guy a break! We need players who are capable of long penetrating kicks from the backline and Bidders, once he hits top form will do this consistently.

TigerFurious said:
One good game does not a career make. I highly doubt whether they will be able to maintain that standard for weeks on end like the good players do.

Biddersombe has a long, long, LONG way to go before he should be even considered for a spot on the list next year.

Geez TF, do you even enjoy a win. Who's talking contracts and next years list?
This is a thread about 2 guys who played their part when they were needed.
How can you even think about such things on a day we flogged the Bummers? ;D ;D ;D
Onya Bidders, Onya Royce.
Carpe Diem ;)

B.T.W How far did Bidders' goal from outside 50 travel? I reckon it would have still gone through if he kicked it from the centre square.
What a roost, Anfonee Rocca eat ya heart out, ha. ;D

Bidders was steady and Royce added a bit up forward with his height in the absence of Richo and Ottens.

Whats more he was competetive in the ruck which allowed Staff to go forward. Thought he looked much more comfortable up forward than he did when he went down back for a while.

Your right TF we have no room for players like this in fact we should get rid of Cogs as well, missed his target a few times, missed his shot on goal, shocking he was, no good at all.

We lose - people do their nuts and want they whole team, coach included hung, drawn and quartered.
We win - people still aren't happy

Sing it with me TF you know you want to.

OH WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND
A FIGHTING FURY WERE FROM TIGERLAND
IN ANY WEATHER YOU WILL SEE US WITH A GRIN
RISKING HEAD AND SHIN
IF WE'RE BEHIND THEN NEVER MIND
WE'LL FIGHT AND FIGHT AND WIN

FOR WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND
WE'LL NEVER WEAKEN TIL THE FINAL SIRENS GONE
LIKE THE TIGERS OF OLD
WE'RE STRONG AND WE'RE BOLD
FOR WE'RE FROM TIGER
YELLOW AND BLACK
WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND!
;D

rosy3 said:
Geez TF, do you even enjoy a win. Who's talking contracts and next years list?
This is a thread about 2 guys who played their part when they were needed.
How can you even think about such things on a day we flogged the Bummers? ;D ;D ;D
Onya Bidders, Onya Royce.
Carpe Diem ;)

Well spoken Madam Vice President ;D

As President ...I'm so proud - just so proud.

Onya Bidders

And Royce - great effort - sure he didn't kick a bag of goals but he did what we needed and that was make a contest at every opportunity

Onya Royce

;) ;D :D ;) ;D

Royce and Bidders are perfect complimentary players. If Richmond decided to re-sign them, we see them as average players that are on the list to play say 10-12 games a season.

There is no problem in having players directly assigned to back up the first teamers in case of injury of bad form.

They'll never be consistent and/or skilled enough to warrant a guaranteed spot every week but they certaintly aren't hacks that deserved to be delisted.

I was worried that people would misinterpret Pettifer getting easy posessions in defence as a good performance. Even I could go back and get some easy kicks under no pressure. Too many times, Kayne missed targets or kicked to contests where we were disadvantaged. And to do this while under no pressure is just not good enough.

Every Thursday I look at the Outs in hope that Kayne's name is there, but it never is and I can't figure it out. He must give good head :eek: or something, cuz he definately can't play football.

Nicholls seemed like he knew where to go to get the ball, but was either too nervous or just plain crap when he disposed of the ball. I don't think we'll see much more of him or Tim Fleming this season. Both seem like hard at it players, but aren't skilled enough to warrant a place in the side.

This is going to frighten and anger some people, but geez Tim Fleming reminds me of Daffy when he runs.. It's so ugly and WRONG.

TigersGoddess said:
Your right TF we have no room for players like this in fact we should get rid of Cogs as well, missed his target a few times, missed his shot on goal, shocking he was, no good at all.

Well I am with you on this TG - he was our clanger king yesterday so he just has to go..... but where ??? Perhaps centre stage on Brownlow night ;D :D ;D

As long as Bidders and Vardy are on the minimum wage, and it stays that way, I'm more than happy to keep them on our list - nothing more, nothing less.

;)

Royce - In the end, his stats show a relatively quiet game, but he worked hard, got us off to a good start, contested hard, and gave off a great goal to Billy Nicholls. 6/10

Billy - Started great. Even though he wasn't getting heaps he was leading his man to the ball constantly. Kicked a great goal and was one of the reasons we went in at half time in control. Hopefully his hammy will come good. 5/10

Bidders - Got the ball, kicked it long, moved it quick, hit targets, kicked goals, put his head over the ball, and kicked 2 GREAT goals, one when we needed to stem the flow. Is this the same Bidders?????? 7/10

Sargeant Shulz - Looked great on the bench ;D ;D ;D Not a bad game to play your first game. Seeing how big he is compared to others, I think he needs to become an Adam Goodes type - mobile tall man, running anywhere.

A great game by the whole team. Even Kayne showed some form.

The best thing was listening to wanker bummer supporters whinging about having players injured. Well get stuffed the lot of you. The outs from both teams as far as I am concerned, made it a level playing field.

I truely believe that bummer supporters think they have the god given right to win every match, and if they lose, blame somebody or something else other than their team.

Others bummers were bleating on about the free kicks. Well if you put your head over the ball and get into the contest first you will get rewarded by the umpire.

Rampaging Richo said:
Royce - In the end, his stats show a relatively quiet game, but he worked hard,

Shows how a game shouldn't be judged by the no. of posessions on the stats tally. Even if his added height just took a good defender away from our other forwards and made it easier for them to kick goals Royce paid his way.
The main thing is Staff was the sole big man around the ground and up forward, and I'm sure would have really appreciated Royce filling in for him to give him a bit of a well earned rest.
How could any stats measure the value of that to Staff and the team.
When our big man stocks were sadly depleted Royce stood tall.

Agree rosy. Royce needed to do two things on Saturday: firstly to provide a tall target up forward when he was there and secondly to provide a contest in the ruck so Staff could have a rest or go forward. Vardy did both.

Agree Rosy and MT!

RR
I truely believe that bummer supporters think they have the god given right to win every match, and if they lose, blame somebody or something else other than their team.

Others bummers were bleating on about the free kicks.
I truly believe that the Bummers fans can sense what is coming up for them in the next year or three and they aint to happy with it!! It's a feeling I have felt before and watching their fans the other day makes me think that THEIR fans believe its all starting to fall apart. And that their oppurtunity has passed without adequate reward.
HOW SWEET IT IS!! ;D
GO TIGER!!

Thankyou Royce, Bidders and even Kayne...(oh god, I feel dirty...)

On a thread prior to the bombers game I thought we had a chance if our fringe players picked up their efforts and showed themselves as professionals.

Well, they did so thanks, one game down and a decent start to saving your careers. Vardy did what was asked of him, provided a target, brought the ball down , kept the bomber defenders honest, and gave Staff the odd break. Bidders ran like I havent seen him run for two years and this combined with better than average disposal saw his effectiveness rise - he's not the best ball getter in the business but he can cover that if he works hard enough. And finally Pettifer. Not a great game by any stretch, but worked for a change. Ok so he doesnt win the hard ball but he ran to space, made options, carriedthe ball, and delivered it long. Yes his kicks often missed their target (usually 2 feet high or two feet low) but they had penetration, which combined with a 10 meter run meant the spillages were in out half forward line, not the wing, which is live-withable (for the moment).

I agree with Rosy here, way to early to be discussing next season etc. But injuries have thrown these guys a lifeline and this week they showed they may be able to use it.

Lets face it, no matter how much we might not like these guys, the tigers are better off if they play well, so in keeping with the title of the thread...

Onya Royce and Bidders (and golf clap for Pettifer).

PS. Zantuck had his best game for the year two which shouldnt be ignored.