Opas Worm | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opas Worm

schnipper

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
s/e suburbs
You have to buy norton or look it up on the web site.
I found i got alot of viruses when my e-mail was displayed in public profiles ie:yahoo messenger. one other option is to reinstall windows. not a fresh instaalation just an up grade that way it keeps or your personal settings. that works if the worm is manifesting itself in your key reges.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Roar, Here is a link with info and a free removal tool. It's only four days old and you have it already?? Talk about bad luck.
Anyway, the removal tool should fix you up.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

sabretooth

I don't sleep for a week when we get beat - JD
Dec 9, 2003
Roar is not the nly one with this problem.

My IT guy says he is getting snowed under. I have just put on VET and it seems to be doing the job.

I had AVG and Spybot, and they detect the virus and remove it but from its nature it is still inside somewhere waiting for the next time the Net is opened - bit simplified explanation.

VET seems to actually go after the little tucker and root it out from its hiding place.

Got my fingers crossed.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
tiga said:
Roar, Here is a link with info and a free removal tool. It's only four days old and you have it already?? Talk about bad luck.
Anyway, the removal tool should fix you up.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

Thanks for the info, Tiga, but unfortunately I didn't get to read your post as I bombed out and couldn't get anything on the Net until last night. In trying to get rid of Optas, I lost part of a program which stopped me getting on PRE and the like (well, there's really nothing like PRE, is there?) yet I could send/receive email, beats me!

So, my puter is now back from the doctor and I, too, have VET on board.

Oh, had to have Windows re-installed as well, much quicker now - I could actually read the RFC site almost as quickly as I can PRE, don't know if that's a bonus or not!