Opas Worm | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opas Worm

You have to buy norton or look it up on the web site.
I found i got alot of viruses when my e-mail was displayed in public profiles ie:yahoo messenger. one other option is to reinstall windows. not a fresh instaalation just an up grade that way it keeps or your personal settings. that works if the worm is manifesting itself in your key reges.

Roar, Here is a link with info and a free removal tool. It's only four days old and you have it already?? Talk about bad luck.
Anyway, the removal tool should fix you up.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

Roar is not the nly one with this problem.

My IT guy says he is getting snowed under. I have just put on VET and it seems to be doing the job.

I had AVG and Spybot, and they detect the virus and remove it but from its nature it is still inside somewhere waiting for the next time the Net is opened - bit simplified explanation.

VET seems to actually go after the little tucker and root it out from its hiding place.

Got my fingers crossed.

tiga said:
Roar, Here is a link with info and a free removal tool. It's only four days old and you have it already?? Talk about bad luck.
Anyway, the removal tool should fix you up.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

Thanks for the info, Tiga, but unfortunately I didn't get to read your post as I bombed out and couldn't get anything on the Net until last night. In trying to get rid of Optas, I lost part of a program which stopped me getting on PRE and the like (well, there's really nothing like PRE, is there?) yet I could send/receive email, beats me!

So, my puter is now back from the doctor and I, too, have VET on board.

Oh, had to have Windows re-installed as well, much quicker now - I could actually read the RFC site almost as quickly as I can PRE, don't know if that's a bonus or not!