Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Make it a sticky thread so it doesn't get lost. Saves opening 'Other games' threads every round. Let's keep the Racistwood thread separate coz they deserve something special.....

Yeah that’s what I was thinking Force Field. Others will know what to do/is best.

Be great for live game discussion of oppo games. Was getting a bit frustrated over the weekend - didn’t know where to put the odd bagging of a particular opposition player. (Well, ok the more than the odd bagging...looking at you Hipwood !)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah that’s what I was thinking Force Field. Others will know what to do/is best.

Be great for live game discussion of oppo games. Was getting a bit frustrated over the weekend - didn’t know where to put the odd bagging of a particular opposition player. (Well, ok the more than the odd bagging...looking at you Hipwood !)
Skinny Rafa!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watching the Geewhinge game on Saturday night and noticed a few guys arguing with one another. Hawkins was his usual self, telling everyone what to do but noticed Guthrie having a go at Henry for not hand balling to him, Cameron talking to Higgins and Higgins giving him the “f off” look and then Clark getting a few frustrated looks for one or two poor kicks. Hmmmm.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Just on Geelong there cannot be any decent barbers/hairdressers down there. Predominately a 1970s look going.

And they didn't celebrate goals very much. Not like we do

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Watching the Geewhinge game on Saturday night and noticed a few guys arguing with one another. Hawkins was his usual self, telling everyone what to do but noticed Guthrie having a go at Henry for not hand balling to him, Cameron talking to Higgins and Higgins giving him the “f off” look and then Clark getting a few frustrated looks for one or two poor kicks. Hmmmm.
Good to see the early cracks. Let's see if Pricky can still hold a po face like he did last season.

Reactions: 1 user

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I think we already did.

Easy bet that another top end player will depart that joint at seasons end........and hopefully if its the right one may they land at Punt Road.

If Adelaide are the benchmark then I want to see a wooden spoon or heading in that direction by GWS.

Geelong to miss finals this year and trend downwards thereafter

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Geelong miss the finals, we get their top-10 pick and recruit the next Jack Riewoldt.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yep and should la la Danihaaar go down then they will be in a big mess.

Either Daniher is fragile AF or he faked injury for 2 years because he wanted to leave.

Either way that's unimpressive.
Looking more and more like the latter Craig, and you’re right, it’s extremely ordinary behaviour.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Great idea for a thread.

My take for the weekend was poor Cam Rayner going down with a knee injury. Kid looked set for a great year & is really entertaining to watch. Big dent in the Lions hopes.
I think he’s one of the more overrated players in the comp. His rep as a young superstar far exceeds any output. No teal loss at all, they’ll be able to bring in someone who’ll contribute consistently over the season.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I think he’s one of the more overrated players in the comp. His rep as a young superstar far exceeds any output. No teal loss at all, they’ll be able to bring in someone who’ll contribute consistently over the season.
I tend to agree. I actually think Brisbane the team is also like that. Over hyped.

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Agree, Doctor. The media talk him up every time he goes near the ball.

Truth is he doesn't do that much.

Still, I don't wish injury on him.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Agree, Doctor. The media talk him up every time he goes near the ball.

Truth is he doesn't do that much.

Still, I don't wish injury on him.
Yeh, I don't want to see a young guy (or anyone) injured. But the incessant raving about him given his performances is crazy. He is a No.1 draft pick that has on most measures been disappointing. Has averaged less than 10 disp and a goal a game in his last 2 years in a team that has done well. He is average or below average on almost every AFL stats pro measure.

George has better stats and is much better value but I don't hear the words young superstar when talking about George.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Saw a bit of the Port v Crows game. Port did well, but let’s face it, it was last season’s spooners. I thought Derwaayne was going to shoot his load the way he was talking about the Power.

• Haha