Oscar not in race at Tigerland (HeraldSun) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Oscar not in race at Tigerland (HeraldSun)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Oscar not in race at Tigerland
07 January 2004 Herald Sun
Damian Barrett

RICHMOND'S board battle has lost a candidate, with independent Karen Oscar forced out of the election because of private business commitments.

Oscar's decision has left two independents to vie with incumbents Gary March, Tony Jewell and Peter Welsh for three vacancies.

Other names could be added to the contest before tomorrow's deadline for nominations.

Business analyst Jim Giannopoulos and computer technician David Clayton have confirmed they will be seeking places on the Tigers board at the annual general meeting late this month.

Oscar was the first female member of leading Richmond coterie Presidents' Men.

"My business situation has changed and, to be honest, I have really struggled with the decision," said Oscar, an assistant managing director of city-based opal merchant company, Gemtec Australia.

Richmond lost $882,100 on the 2003 football year and the independents running at the AGM are arguing the poor financial performance demands change at board level.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,8336373%255E20322,00.html

Claytons coach

I'm a llama!
Dec 26, 2003
Sounds like BS.

"private business commitments." ???

???

Maybe the good ol' boys' weren't so supportive of a chick OTB

Nice try Karen. ;D

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
That's a shame. I thought Karen sounded like the best option out of the candidates who've nominated so far. I've heard a whisper about another nomination before tomorrow's deadline. ;)

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
No doubt about it. She looked at the pile of ironing and thought better of it.