Other Semi Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other Semi Final

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The Cats did what the often do to rubbish sides- destroyed them. I wouldnt read too much into the Cats. even Rohan got a kick.
From the Pies point of view, obviously getting destroyed is *smile* (like us in '14), but they were so bad i dont think they should think it is a true reflection of where they sit. I think the trip to Perth, and the big win at the end of really challenging season, meant once they were off their game a little they fell apart.
what should worry them tho is that they just snuck into the 8. they have no forward line, besides De Gooey, and and they rely heavily on two 30 plus midfielders.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Pie mates are shattered. Only solace for them is that it was not a normal season and they weren't embarrassed at a full mcg.

Based on last 3 years they are perceived as a top 4 team. But reality is 2020 they finished 8th and were lucky to scrape in. Result against a top 4 should not be a surprise.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Not that any of us fine Tigers care, however if you were unlucky enough to be born a Collingwood supporter would you want Eddie to stay on as President ? I think he did a great job when he took over and got them back to been a powerful club, however his now been in charge for over 20 years with just the one flag , he over saw the “ shove” of a triple Premiership coach out the door, they have made one GF since . Eddie appears to believe he knows more then anyone and I’m sure his ego gets in the way with important club decisions, the other Issue i believe he is very matey matey with the players which cant Help with the discipline or lack there of at Collingwood . I think his only still there due to the fact of his media role and the fact his been able to bring in sponsors .

I’d say Eddies lucky the club don’t have a phantom with a clip board.
I did hear a Pies supporter say a few years ago SEN that Eddie has to go. He regards the club as something he owns. For him the presidency is more akin to a kingship, and I think he probably wants to hand it on to his kids. As you say, he was great for the club when they needed him to be. They probably wouldn’t have won the 2010 flag without the work he did, but from that point on he’s done more harm than good. Is there anyone to replace him? He’ll go eventually, but it will be done with him kicking and screaming and it will hurt the club.
Personally, I think Collingwood being down is as Eddie would say ‘good for football!’

Reactions: 2 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Eddie's weakness as a president is his blind loyalty to his team and his way of defending players who break the culture. Staunch diehard supporter and one of the boys first, club president second. He is a master of finding the right media narrative to get his players off the hook in a crisis.
I wonder what spin he would have been able to weave around the great Kebab escapade if they were vital Collingwood players.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Despite our collective dislike for Collingwood and our obvious pleasure in seeing them being dismantled in the finals, I reckon Geelong's performance might have sent a few frighteners through some of the Brisbane players.

Possibly did but you could see that Collingwood let Geelong do as they liked. That was not a finals game in terms of pressure. We showed Brisbane how to play Geelong, whether they can execute that time will tell. Would love to play Geelong again in the GF if we can get past Port.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Ha ha that’s classic. I’ve actually never heard that one before. I know the Diamond Valley very well and it was Collingwood suburban heartland. They were clearly the most popular team in the area but in my experience Richmond was next then Carlton. Long time ago though.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yeah,
Possibly did but you could see that Collingwood let Geelong do as they liked. That was not a finals game in terms of pressure. We showed Brisbane how to play Geelong, whether they can execute that time will tell. Would love to play Geelong again in the GF if we can get past Port.
Yeah. Collingwood played their GF last week. They were witches hats last night.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Not that any of us fine Tigers care, however if you were unlucky enough to be born a Collingwood supporter would you want Eddie to stay on as President ? I think he did a great job when he took over and got them back to been a powerful club, however his now been in charge for over 20 years with just the one flag , he over saw the “ shove” of a triple Premiership coach out the door, they have made one GF since . Eddie appears to believe he knows more then anyone and I’m sure his ego gets in the way with important club decisions, the other Issue i believe he is very matey matey with the players which cant Help with the discipline or lack there of at Collingwood . I think his only still there due to the fact of his media role and the fact his been able to bring in sponsors .

Noted phanto was on the United zoom meeting the other week...

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Eddie thinks he owns the AFL, what hope have Pies of removing him as President?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Agree. If that was Tigers I'd be livid. They showed no fight whatsoever. They weren't chasing, weren't manning up, weren't doing anything that relates to playing a game of footy. Geelong were good but who wouldn't have destroyed the Pies last night? Adelaide would have likely chalked up their 4th win of the season if it was them.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Eddie thinks he owns the AFL, what hope have Pies of removing him as President?

Hope not. He's the one keeping them a middle side road.
Hate to see someone come in and turn the place around.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Zero pressure from the pies

Let scott and the cats strut around

Reactions: 1 user