Our best rookie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our best rookie

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I don't think Dow was a rookie.

I'd like to nominate Grimes but I believe he was a pre season draft pick.

Otherwise Lambert would easily be number one.

Reactions: 4 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
was Townsend a rookie?
i think he was ...........for some time at Richmond

if true ...........100% Townsend and he is playing great VFL footy for Southport still.........
and by all accounts he is loved up there .by the players coaches and admin .a true tiger man ..........we do have a spot open for a ready made big body animal now........bring him back bring him back!!!!!!!!!! nothing lose .

imagine this ................. he was the coming home hero 3 weeks ago, now through Richmond great list management strategy he is back on our list via the MSD ................his story just gets bigger and better .....................

make it happen Clarke

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Lambert for me ... has just been a ripper player who has been integral to both the team's structure AND performance. And he's got three premiership medallions swinging around his neck.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It’s hard to go past Lambo, shorty or Bakes because they are premiership players but as immortal posted Axel Foley would be up there with them.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Pat Contin top 5....

We've had some shockers. Gilligan, Darrou, Jakobi, Westhoff, Verrier...

Nahas was a handy pick

Tiger Hammer

Tiger Cub
Apr 3, 2014
Short, Castagna, Lambert & Soldo in the one rookie draft in retrospect is pretty amazing.

• Love

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Pat Contin top 5....

We've had some shockers. Gilligan, Darrou, Jakobi, Westhoff, Verrier...

Nahas was a handy pick
And all of them labelled potential stars. But we are no different from any other club there.

Foley or Lambert, with Short and maybe Baker the chance to catch them.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Foley.

No disrespect to some of our current star rookies, but Axel in 2017-20 Richmond would have won a brownlow or two