Out of the woodworks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Out of the woodworks

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I can hear some posters slowly coming out of the woodworks ;D. But seriously tonights effort was not good enough. Close to our best side out there for a while and we did not play good at all. We can use the post subiaco *smile* as an excuse but it won't do us any good. We got found waiting by a team that ran harder and ran SMARTER.

We beat them in the contested possessions, so our in and under players did OK. But we got slaughtered in the uncontested possessions - the swans had 30-40 more possessions. I've noticed that even in some games that we have won this year we still got less uncontested possessions than the opposition.

From where I was sitting tonight we really struggled with running and supporting and linking up. I know I have said this in the past but this aspect of our game needs attention. This is because when our intensity drops (as it did tonight) then we will be caught out as we sometimes run around without cohesion.

Spoke to the Fonze after the game and he is a devastated man. He was confident of a win tonight but the boys let him down. :'(

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Losing is depressing. I'm off to bed to see if the nightmare has gone when I wake up.

I hope I imagined the centre bounce with Kingy, Fleming and an out of form Cogs starting in the square with Staff?

I hope I imagined the red and white players on their own everywhere.

I hope it was an illusion that Sydney seemed to have the ability to run fast and still deliver the ball with presision when we couldn't.

Hopefully this sub standard game will be a kick up the arse that gets the team back on track.

I hope all you guys on the site at the moment leave a lot of positive happy messages to read in the morning.

Go Tiges, and sweet dreams all. :)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
rosy3 said:
I hope all you guys on the site at the moment leave a lot of positive happy messages to read in the morning.
I got A+'s on my last English and Business SACs how's that for a positive. Sorry no footy related positives here :(

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Rosy I know I have been very critical of some of our negative posters in the past, but as much as I hate to say it there weren't to many positives out of tonight.

Thought FLEMMING actually showed a bit of go. Wouldn't be too hard on Cogs and certainly wouldn't call him out of form based on one game after an injury.

By the way who else missed as I saw Razor and that poor King fellow running around out there.

I give up if players like McGRATH, HYDE and co aren't given a go next week. No wonder KING is saying McGRATH is not ready. He is obviously feeling theatened and rightly so.

What really sh$&#ed me was hearing the commentator say what a great win it was for an undermanned Swans team.

Do the names OTTENS, CAMBPELL, HOLLAND, KELLAWAY, BLUMMFIELD and DRAGICEVIC mean anything to anyone.

And to TigerFurious I simply ask you this. Who would you prefer KING or BLUMMFIELD. No I don't knock KING's attitude,but his body makes it impossible for him to make up for his inadequacies with heart. Sorry, but it is time to move on Kingy.

yep you guessed it I am really peeved after tonights loss.

All our other losses had spirit or real excuses, but tonight had none of the above. i do hope that it really is the Subi curse otherwise we are in trouble.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
You need prozac to barrack for Richmond sometimes . :'(
Darren-off to the chemist ;D
I'll never stop supporting the tiges though even though I think of the west gate bridge when we lose . ;D

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
TigersGoddess said:
rosy3 said:
I got A+'s on my last English and Business SACs how's that for a positive. Sorry no footy related positives here :(

:eek: Top stuff!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
gustiger12 said:
Wouldn't be too hard on Cogs and certainly wouldn't call him out of form based on one game after an injury.

Wasn't meaning to be hard on Cogs, I just think he was well beaten on the night which translates to down on form on the night in my book.
I was more thinking about the coaching strategy to overcome things like that rather than critisising Cogs.

P.S. Well done TG, can always count on you for a smile. :)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I too was bitterly disappointed with the loss.

But I will say this I would hate to be at match review on Monday - will not be pretty. That last 20 minutes went back to bad bad habits - and did not stick to the game plan.

As for this outcry regarding Marty McGrath - Marty will get a game when he deserves one. To be honest I'd pick Dragga over Marty at this moment.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Koalalill said:
As for this outcry regarding Marty McGrath - Marty will get a game when he deserves one. To be honest I'd pick Dragga over Marty at this moment.

KL I don't mind who they put in as long as players on the fringe get a go instead of naming the same old faces like king and bidders in for one week then out the next then in again. Give dragga a go, then hyde, then mills, then someone else - give them the opportunity because with some of them they just might show something. The usual suspects have nothing more to give IMO.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Thats my point Harry. Those who have tried and provided little should be moved on to create an opportunity for those who need to be tested.

The problem is perpetuating because we don't blood them and then we get a few injuries and presto we revert to old habits.

Look what happened when Cogs finally got an opportunity. If we have nobody worthy of a chance then we need to do some serious trading/delisting come years end.

Draga is a 50 game player and a challenge maybe just the impetus he needs to step up.

All I am saying is that there has to be other options worth a try.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
gustiger12 said:
All I am saying is that there has to be other options worth a try.

Apparently McGrath had an OK game for Cobburg. Lets sing a little song now - All together now - "ALL WE ARE SAYYYINGGG, IS GIVE MARTY A CHANCE - ALL WE ARE SAYYYINGGG IS GIVE MARTY A CHANCE" (as we sway from side to side) "ALL WE ARE SAYYYINGGG, IS GIVE MARTY A CHANCE (All together now). ;) (As the Fonze comes in on the lead guitar).

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
I was lucky enough to go the president's dinner (listened to Clinton Casey, at some good food, drank heaps of good *smile*) before watching the very dissappointing game last night.

Later, I also had a ticket to join fans, players and coaching staff at the Hyatt Hotel where I spoke to (or slurred to) roughly half of the team. Most were not in the mood to talk footy, but I did speak with Cogs and Zantuck for over an hour.

Cogs said that Campbell with miss at least 2-3 weeks, possibly more - with what looks like the same injury he had a few years back when he missed 6 weeks. Until his return, I give us little chance of beating most teams for the simple fact that we seem to be lacking organisation through the centre. Our decision making I thought was disgraceful tonight which brings me back to us having too many 'brainless' bodies in the side.

I also asked their thoughts on McGrath where both Cogs and Ty could no way see him playing a game for us this season. Cogs' injury is a calf, not an ankle as reported - and he smirked when I asked if he was 100%, saying "he'll be right".

Worrying signs at Tigerland!!! ???

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
A few people have said that McGrath isn't in the clubs immediate plans for various reasons.
The club has said that on various occasions too.
Same with Schulz.
I don't know why Hyde isn't getting a go, but there must be reasons.
I put a bit of a report on Dragga on the Coburg board.
He said he's not ready to play yet. He still has emotional hurdles to overcome
Rushing him back when he's not ready wouldn't be fair on the guy.
There are very few options.
Until things improve a bit the club is hamstrung with their selection options.
Yes poor decision making in the past has led to this.
Injuries have compounded the problem.
Once again the club is hamstrung until the end of the year when they can try to rectify the problem.
I'm sure if any players have put their hand up enough and are fit they'd be in the side.
I'd still like to know the clubs views on Hyde though. Got a bit of Ezraesque mystery about that one.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Was a *smile* effort Saturdahy night. Only positive i can take is that when they started to blow us away we usualyl came back where teams of the past would have ended up taking an absolute flogging.

Me and my Richmond supporter mate were devastated watching it at our cricket presentation night. Only good thing to come out of the night was that we got our premiership medalliions for cricket nad i got player of the finals. Makes me feel a bit better but overall shattered by the poor excuse of an effort we put in on Saturday night.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
The key point made by everyone is that we looked slow, in fact we were slow, and from my vantage point, we were unaccountable all night.

However, we still had a chance to win it but once again went into our shells and seemed to scared to try anything.

One very dissapointing fact was the decision making all night. A Kella was guilty a few times. First was kicking into our forward 50 on the left ??? Andy you have no left. Second was on the Sth Stand wing, were he had Tivva right beside him. Now call me silly, but last time I looked, Tivva is one of the best deliverers of the ball on the run in the league. But did Andy dish off or Tivva ask for it ??? clearly neither happened. There were more but......

I hope that this was our ONE BAD game for the year. And some guys need to be dropped to get them out of their comfort zone. Now we can't drop 4 players, but either Hilton, Fiora or Cameron needs a spell. Give Kayne another go. He got in the best at Coburg so he has obviously done what is required. Also Holland if he doesn't get rubbed out.

Finally I must apologise to everyone sitting near me on the middle level of the MCC members reserve. My anger got the better of me in the last quarter.