Paul Cronin - For us old fargers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paul Cronin - For us old fargers

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Has died.

Was a very passionate AFL supporter and helped create the Brisbane Bears. He was president of the club from 1987 to 1989.

A television star of the 70's and 80's he was the face of The Sullivans plus many other shows such as Division 4, Homicide, Solo One, The Flying Doctors and A Place to Call Home.

Tonight he will be remembered through a mark of respect from the Brisbane Lions as they wear black armbands remembering Paul Cronin's role in the creation of the Brisbane Bears and hence the Lions.

*I wish we had an appropriate emote*

Reactions: 1 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
So, what happened, Midsy ... the allure of riding a machine and wearing a badge wore off .....
I was fascinated with crime as a young fella ... so much so that I became a criminologist.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
So, what happened, Midsy ... the allure of riding a machine and wearing a badge wore off .....
I was fascinated with crime as a young fella ... so much so that I became a criminologist.

I was only pretty young at the time. I remember getting a showbag at the Royal Melbourne Show with a white helmet, gloves and handcuffs. I loved it.

But yeah, just got into other things as I got older. Always had a soft spot for Cronin though. It was a real treat to be able to stay up ‘late’ to watch The Sullivans.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I was only pretty young at the time. I remember getting a showbag at the Royal Melbourne Show with a white helmet, gloves and handcuffs. I loved it.

But yeah, just got into other things as I got older. Always had a soft spot for Cronin though. It was a real treat to be able to stay up ‘late’ to watch The Sullivans.
Believe I also scored that showbag

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Late? You must have had a very early bedtime. The Sullivans was one of the earlier shows iirc. Number 96 and The Box, they were on later, as was Cop Shop and Skyways.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I play at the beautiful Retreat Hotel in Abbottsford where the Sullivans pub scenes were recorded.

There are great pic's up on the walls and I often recall those scenes there especially Paul and all his scaly mates in their element.

Do yourself a favor and pop in and have a pint for the great man!

RIP Paul Cronin.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I think there was a period where it was on at 7 for 5 nights a week, too.
Yep, and before Sale of the Century started in 1980. I never watched the Sullivans much and just stuck to cop shows like Cop Shop, Skyways, Matlock Police and Division 4. I was allowed to stay up late but Number 96 and The Box was all doors closed stuff. :))

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Solo one
Grew up with the Sullivan’s, and I loved Solo One
He was a top notch actor