Personal Messages (PM's) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Personal Messages (PM's)

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
rosy23 said:
As opposed to the thousands of other site members without any evidence who haven't felt the "need" to suddenly, and publicly, ask similar questions. Each to their own.

As you say each to their own. Some may think it is private (Anfield) some don't as evidenced by Browndog's reply. At least now they have know.
So if someone asks a question it's because of "need" rather than seeking information and/or confirmation. As to "suddenly, and publicly", there was no "suddenly" and as to "publicly" ask, surely it is of some interest to some people.

Tigers of Old said:
Can't speak for others but I don't put anything I'd consider private in a PM. That's not casting dispersions on anyone, it just seems common sense.

Sounds like good advice

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
willo said:
So if someone asks a question it's because of "need" rather than seeking information and/or confirmation. ...

I was referring to your own comment, which I quoted, where you yourself said "needed to ask the questions".

Anyway I've sent you a PM.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
This comment about Livers from the Politics thread is more relevant here. No doubt it's related to recent questioning of PMs. I find it interesting that the info about Livers being banned from PRE was posted when it hadn't been mentioned publicly. Anyway..

Recently I received some bounced emails from Livers and U2 that were sent to an invalid email address of Peaka's. They clearly indicated an anti-rosy mindset and the need for a few posters to stick together behind the scenes. The pity is the harassment and virtual hatred often came out on the forum. Obviously hunting in packs.

I don't believe it's any coincidence that willo's questioning about PMs followed soon after. Those involved know who they are and why I believe that no matter how they might try to sugar coat it.

I wouldn't normally have discussed Livers' situation but it recently being posted about has resulted in people wondering.

Livers has been a serial trouble maker on this forum. He has called me various nasty names over the years. He repeatedly ordered the Mods not to contact him by PM to discuss issues and advised he'll only discuss them publicly. His posts waiting for approval were often a waste of moderators time because as he'd well know they were never going to be approved.

This is part of one of the bounced emails. It's not the reason Livers was banned but it was the last straw. I'd prefer to spend time trying to make this site as good as possible for those who appreciate it rather than be brought down by those who think they're above the rules.

G'day Peaka,

Anyways, agree with what you have said and I know others do too...but we have to support these days using the PM system due to Rosy.
A shame, as it goes against what a forum is actually about, but not much one can do with Madam Hitler running the show :police:

Cheers mate,

Liverpool

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
If you ever want to know who is under moderator (sit in the corner) you can list all members by position and it will show who they are. I have checked this in the past as I thought I was seeing things when I saw a poster post and people replying to a comment made hours earlier and me not seeing earlier in the day.

Anyway lets all behave and have Rosy doing less work.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
MB78 said:
If you ever want to know who is under moderator (sit in the corner) you can list all members by position and it will show who they are. I have checked this in the past as I thought I was seeing things when I saw a poster post and people replying to a comment made hours earlier and me not seeing earlier in the day.

Anyway lets all behave and have Rosy doing less work.

It shows up on their profile when they post as well.

This taken from the first post on this page:

willo
SitInTheCorner
Tiger Legend

This Is Anfield

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2013
Melbourne
Baloo said:
It shows up on their profile when they post as well.

This taken from the first post on this page:

willo
SitInTheCorner
Tiger Legend

I know willo posted some Kylie Minogue songs on the Music Association thread but don't sit him in the corner for that!

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
I had to sit in the corner for a bit. I deserved it. gave me time to have a good hard look at myself. Nowdays I stick to footy and karaoke. Dont go near the politics thread, not even for a sneaky guest look :hihi

A kid takes a photo of their genitals and texts it to a friend or posts it on FB and then wonders how the entire world knows what their genitals look like for millenia. cybersecurity is an oxymoron, its a pretty simple concept. :theyareontome

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
A quick look around some of the other forums always leaves me feeling better about the level of discourse here on PRE. The internet libertarians think anything goes is the best method, I don't know about that but I know that I wouldn't have the benevolence to run it so I give due kudos to Rosy and the gang.

The politics thread has had some hairy moments but I hope it keeps on keeping on, maybe I will take on a devils advocate role to keep antman from losing interest >:D

Happy to have some clarification on the PM system and I will use less as a result.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
To clarify about PMs....it's all been posted many times over the years.

it is important is to ensure a valid email address is used at all times. If people have nominated to receive PM notifications and don't have a valid address they will bounce.

The PMs need to be replied to via the forum not via the notification. That is mentioned clearly on the notifications. They are only a courtesy sent by the forum program using the forum email address. Any replies via the notification go to the site address obviously.

The admins and moderators have no way of reading PMs.

The info in PMs is in a cyber world database somewhere and those with the knowledge can access them if necessary. As admin of this site I don't have that expertise of desire.

It would be silly to send confidential information via a forum PM system. It's designed as a way of contacting people off-line rather than a means of sharing sensitive secrets.

Think that's it. I'm sure it's not an issue for far the majority of posters on here. Those that are so het up about it should probably reassess their usage of the PM system.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Liverpool is a textbook far right winger, always get done in the intellectual debate so they resort to stonewalling and whiteanting. I've said that to him when he wasn't banned in case anyone thinks he's not here to defend himself. Its pointless debating him. I've sometimes wondered if he's a real person or just a stirrer passing the time, and I've said that to him on PRE in the past as well

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
rosy23 said:
To clarify about PMs....it's all been posted many times over the years.

it is important is to ensure a valid email address is used at all times. If people have nominated to receive PM notifications and don't have a valid address they will bounce.

The PMs need to be replied to via the forum not via the notification. That is mentioned clearly on the notifications. They are only a courtesy sent by the forum program using the forum email address. Any replies via the notification go to the site address obviously.

The admins and moderators have no way of reading PMs.

The info in PMs is in a cyber world database somewhere and those with the knowledge can access them if necessary. As admin of this site I don't have that expertise of desire.

It would be silly to send confidential information via a forum PM system. It's designed as a way of contacting people off-line rather than a means of sharing sensitive secrets.

Think that's it. I'm sure it's not an issue for far the majority of posters on here. Those that are so het up about it should probably reassess their usage of the PM system.

Rosy, this is my 4th attempt. Can you please check my PM to you?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerForce said:
Rosy, this is my 4th attempt. Can you please check my PM to you?

I've only had 1 PM from you. I've already done what you requested. I did it as a response to a reported thread so didn't have an option to reply. I did it at 3.42 as shown in the Mod Log.

Stickied "2016 VFL fixture" Today at 03:42:21 PM rosy23 Administrator

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
rosy23 said:
I've only had 1 PM from you. I've already done what you requested. I did it as a response to a reported thread so didn't have an option to reply. I did it at 3.42 as shown in the Mod Log.

Stickied "2016 VFL fixture" Today at 03:42:21 PM rosy23 Administrator
OK, thanks. I just wondered why you didn't respond regarding the latest info on full PM inboxes. Sorry for using the RTM option.