Phantom, just a question | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phantom, just a question

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004
We always here about the failures that we have drafted and the underachievers and such (Eg. Fiora) But of all the controversial picks, would Richmond have been mad at the time not to take them. For example if we had bypassed Fiora in the draft and taken someone else, would that have seemed ludacris at the time?

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
skiptomystu said:
We always here about the failures that we have drafted and the underachievers and such (Eg. Fiora) But of all the controversial picks, would Richmond have been mad at the time not to take them. For example if we had bypassed Fiora in the draft and taken someone else, would that have seemed ludacris at the time?

ah skip,
your question is very vague. I know what you're trying to get at. You can look at it from 2 ways:
1. Individual case by case, or
2. The big picture

In alt1, using Fiora as an example, it came down to a choice between Fiora & Pavlich. I know who I was hoping that we were going to choose, but I've expressed that before.

In alt2, you just look at who you've ended up with over time, who you've missed out on, and judge.

Again, like all things judgements are subjective, and everyone has a different opinion.

I've made mine known.