Phantom's petition | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phantom's petition

Will you sign the petition?

• Yes

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Can't on Sunday but maybe another date.

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm interested to know how many will sign Phantom's petition on Sunday.

He's setting up a table outside the ground at the Punt Road End (how apt ;D ) from 12pm.

If anyone is able to offer him help or support I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

It would be even better if anyone could wear their PRE tops or make a sign saying puntroadend.com - The voice of the Tiger Army offering an invitation for anyone to join us on the forum to discuss their views and concerns.

The more the word is spread the better.

P.S. This is an equal opportunity website. The offer is extended to Clinton and anyone else to stake their claim as well.

If anyone wants to ring Phantom's name is Michael and his number is 0438 110560.

GO TIGES!

As I've posted on another thread: no, I will not be signing until I know what the alternative(s) are to the present board.

However, I wish Phantom good luck for all the best reasons.

I have to agree with Roar34, until an alternative ticket is put forward offering a real fair dinkum option, I am afraid not.

Hopefully this petition will help force the alternative tickets out into the open.

Good on you Phantom

notorious219 said:
Hopefully this petition will help force the alternative tickets out into the open.

If they're not ready to make their run, forcing them into the open could just kill off any chances they may have. If this guy organising the petition doesn't have a decent ticket he is just wasting the clubs sparce resources and making us even more of a laughing stock. Hopefully he has some powerful backing.

Phantom aka Michael,

you have my full support. Regardless of whether or not this flushes out an alternative ticket, this petition send a message to the club that the grass roots, thats us, are angry. I reckon the majority of PREnders have no confidence in either the Board or the football dept.

When I saw that no player was dropped after the capitulation last week it felt like a kick in the guts. Our Club needs a blowtorch applied from as many angles as possible. Well done Michael, an can I suggest an online petition along the same lines in support. And are there any lawyers who can say that an online petition would be valid under the constitution. I live in Brisbane so unforunately I can't be of any direct help.

your faithfully, Tigersnake aka Tony Corbett

Roar34 said:
As I've posted on another thread: no, I will not be signing until I know what the alternative(s) are to the present board.

However, I wish Phantom good luck for all the best reasons.

Yep, what Roar said.

Best of luck to you, phantom, but I hope the media don;t treat this as another opportunity to bash the Tigers.

Can't make it myself Sunday but all the best Phantohoffm.

I'm sure there is a ground swell out there some where.

Why would a ticket need anyone else to flush them out. If there are those out there with the guts to stand time will tell. I will not sign

As previously mentioned, will not sign until an alternative ticket is put foward.

I am not at all happy at the way the club has been run or the administration, but until names are put foward, we could be damaging the club further.

I wish Phantom all the best and give the guy credit for standing up to what he believes.

Laff said:
Why would a ticket need anyone else to flush them out. If there are those out there with the guts to stand time will tell. I will not sign

Laff, would you sign if you knew there was a ticket, and who they were. If so, is there anyone who you wouldn't want, and as such would retain CC over them.

I'll be signing.
It's good to see someone make the first move. Things might move quickly once the petition is signed. There's no need to set the date for the EGM just yet but the wheels will be set in motion at least.
Phantom might find his phone ringing hot soon lol.
Casey has to go asap.

Article in Saturday's Age

Irate members move to unseat Tigers' board
By Dan Oakes, David Reed
June 12, 2004

Turmoil has again reared its head at Richmond, with disgruntled members launching a push to unseat the board.

A spokesman for the group, Michael Pahoff, said last night that it would petition for an extraordinary general meeting to be called, at which a motion of no confidence would be put.

Pahoff said a petition containing 100 signatures would be presented at Richmond's game against Fremantle at the MCG tomorrow, which is standard business practice for the calling of such a meeting.

"(We will put forward) a motion of no confidence in current president Clinton Casey and the board of the Richmond Football Club because of continued financial losses, instability in the general administration and marketing department and continued poor performance of its football department," Pahoff told Channel Ten.

Richmond director of football Greg Miller, however, said last night that it would be foolish to call for a spill of board positions at this stage of the season. "My major concern is for the whole football club but the football team (in particular), and the last thing you want is any further disruptions, and an EGM, I don't know what you'd gain from that in the middle of the season," Miller said.

The Tigers sit 13th on the ladder with only four wins. Coach Danny Frawley is widely expected to lose his job at the end of the season, chief executive Ian Campbell was sacked two weeks ago and the Transport Accident Commission is considering dropping its sponsorship.

Meanwhile, Frawley is banking on experience to get a more consistent four-quarter performance against the Dockers tomorrow, welcoming the return of former Essendon premiership player Justin Blumfield and club stalwart Duncan Kellaway.

"Those guys were always going to play when they were right to play and this week was the perfect opportunity to bring them back in," Frawley said.

Blumfield and Kellaway have not played this season.

It is extremely important in situations like we find ourselves in that we have the answer to the problem before we ask the question. In this case an alternate ticket. The new ticket needs very clear details of who they are, what they stand for and what changes they wish to make before we petition the club for a spill of the board. Understanding the timeframe for change would also be critical.

Other than that we are just wasting the clubs time and money.

A partition explaining or grievances but not asking for a spill at this point would be a better alternative. It provides the views of the members and keeps the pressure on, but does not make us look like unorganised rabble, putting the cart before the horse.

Detailed planning should follow this partition and a clear strategy set to force the outcome we want. We need a ticket that we will support as members so the outcome needs to be carefully orchestrated. We don’t just want whose who coming forward all driven by ego. We want and need an organised professional and popular ticket that is believable and instils confidence.

Michael, no doubt you love the club, so for the sake of the club think about the potential down side before you act. Think of being properly and professionally organised. Or we may just may end up with a bigger crisis than we already have.

Pre members do not sign this partition at this point unless you clearly understand the alternatives.

until i know what the alternatives are to the current board i wont be signing anything.
this petition is a frawley petition.plan A but no plan B.

I like every member will wait. You see I dont put the whole blame on Casey. I blame the coach. Yes he extended his contract but was in a no win situation he had to try and show people he was prepared to give some one a chance and at the end of the season history will show he did all he could to give that dud what he needed. If Frawley had done his job and played in more finals and won more games the ceo's, president's etc would not be under pressure. When your footy team not only loses it gets flogged you can't make money. Casey has said all along if some one better comes in he would be happy to go. So where are they and who are they? this is their cahnce but I knw for a fact it won't happen.

I would vote YES, but can’t make the game Sunday unfortunately. I know another ticket hasn’t been formed yet, but I’m seeing this as a big kick in the bum for Casey and friends. This is the best way to get the message across that members and supporters are not happy with him and his management style. Hope this will encourage a ticket to be formed knowing there is support out there for one.

Whilst I do not disagree with the petition and the need for the RFC to move foward with quality people, capable of running the club effectively and efficiently. I do not see how signing a partition at this stage of the year to force an EGM without a new ticket will benefit the club. I believe there are many of us out there who want and demand change but, calling for a spill of the board for the sake of change without any proven suitable candidates is suicide. It is like going to war in Iraq without any weapons. We can all sing and dance but until these so called gurus of industry put their hand up and nominate a ticket for the board tehn who are we really voting for? This is by no means an attack on yourself Phantom and I wish you all the best. I also wish that the people you are talking about would come straight out and state who they are and why they want to be on the board at RFC. For too long at this club has there been infighting and dirty underhanded tactics with factions back dooring the administration, etc. No one wants to be direct and straight up about a challenge. Come out and say who they are and what they are going to do. :eek: