Photographs of some VFL grounds (The Age) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Photographs of some VFL grounds (The Age)

newyorktiger

Last Year
Check out these photographs of "old suburban football". Brings back a lot of good memories (and I ain't old).

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/photogallery/2006/06/08/1149359829675.html

A free beer (in New York) if you can spot Scotty Turner.

Thanks The Age.. Great collection-

I really miss the old suburban grounds.

Guess thats one thing I like about the VFL. brings back the memories.

I'm old enough to say that *I watched footy at ALL of the old VFL grounds & most of the VFA ones too. It was great being able to almost "touch" the player on the ground & to smell the liniment that they rubbed on their bodies to keep them warm on cold days.
In those days you could also run onto the ground after the game to pat your heroes on the back.

A little bit later in life I had the "pleasure" of playing on most of the VFL grounds. I say "pleasure" because on cold wet miserable days back then the grounds were mostly a quagmire. Its very hard to play really good footy when your feet are stuck in the mud. ;D

These days the grounds are more like bowling greens. which IMO is the way it should be.

Is that Scotty Turner in the 1989 shot of Western Oval against the Doggies???

I'm on my way to New York for that beer NYT!!!