Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Bolton should be joining Dusty in some commercial opportunities ie Bonds ads. A marketing dream. Bolton will be able to earn more off field with us than any other club.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Shai would be in the running for an AA this year. At a minimum he'd make the squad of 40
Pfffffffftttt couldn’t even make the top 22 under 22 years of age side last year. He’s no Cryin Gryan Miers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah, dunno. Meaningless touches is one criteria, another is a player all the media talk positively about. Shai's getting a lot of good press.
Yes he should be an AA lock. But we have seen how the AA selectors have viewed Richmond players over the past 4 seasons……………….

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
His glaring $ gap will be he is far from a polished media performer... dusty has and continues to own the “silent mysterious “ market... so he can’t pull that stunt. Where is his off-field niche going to be.... that’s the cream

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The Age's mid-year AA didn't have him in yet Kozzie Pickett made the 22. WTF?
Yep this is my point. Kosi is a one season wonder so far yet he gets elevated straight away. Would never happen to a Richmond player. Shai is a dual premiership player who is a scintillating match winner yet they all think he’s inferior to Gryan *smile* Miers.

Footy media have NFI.

Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Anointed by the GOAT as the most talented and freakishly gifted player that he has seen.

And that was prior to his rapid ascension.

Thank god we took him ahead of the Skunks.
Didn’t they take Kayle Kirby because Shai was already gone?

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
His glaring $ gap will be he is far from a polished media performer... dusty has and continues to own the “silent mysterious “ market... so he can’t pull that stunt. Where is his off-field niche going to be.... that’s the cream
Ralph will set him up off field. Like he did for Dusty.

He won't need an astronomical salary, and he's in a brilliant environment for a quiet indigenous guy.

As posted earlier, he'll sign another contract for us just before finals and spark the threepeat.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Pfffffffftttt couldn’t even make the top 22 under 22 years of age side last year. He’s no Cryin Gryan Miers.
Nearly as big a farce as Smelbourne having 8 players in Robbo's mid season AA squad. Just goes to show the value of the opinionaters AA selections year on year when we'd be lucky to have eight players even make the initial squad of forty AA possibles during a period where we've won 3 flags n played a prelim in our off year.
Wouldn't waste my time wiping my arse with the paper the AA squad is written on, I'd just be smearing *smile* everywhere instead of cleaning up.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Shais dominance will assist Dusty as it will split the focus on them both.
He is a different style of player, but he really is Dusty-lite (not too lite tho). He will play a similar role into the future, rolling between the centre and full forward as he pleases.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Yep this is my point. Kosi is a one season wonder so far yet he gets elevated straight away. Would never happen to a Richmond player. Shai is a dual premiership player who is a scintillating match winner yet they all think he’s inferior to Gryan *smile* Miers.

Footy media have NFI.
I don't think anyone reckons that Miers is a better player than our boy. - even Geelong supporters.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Playing the dusty role now ❓ freestyling between fwd and mid. Good to have two dustys
Bolton was used in the Trequartista attacking central midfield soccer equivalent role while dusty was on the sidelines and we now have the luxury of having two of the best elite & genuine playmakers

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
You don’t let talent like that walk out of your club. There might be some casualties in keeping him but that’s the price we have to pay.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Rumors that Jack is taking another pay cut.

Maybe he's freeing up some cash for Shai?

Along with Bashers retirement there's plenty of cash there to go to Shai.

Jack is set for life after footy he will be on Fox Footy no worries and he knows it.
Jack is in the position he can choose want ever he wants. Media, coaching role, player agent, I think he’s a qualified carpenter or builder. Plus you got the Maddie foundation.
He’s got himself in a good position once his playing days are done.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
$hai is pure damage with every possession. There's probably been 10 players like that ever. If he gets 15, you're probably toast.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
$hai is pure damage with every possession. There's probably been 10 players like that ever. If he gets 15, you're probably toast.
Spot on. A damaging midfielder, who can kick goals & is a human highlights reel?
We are very lucky he's already on our list because guaranteed if he wasn't we'd be trying to lure him over.