Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

His perceived value is probably higher than his actual value but not sure we want to lose him. We already have a lack of midfield depth so two in and one out only helps marginally, especially with Prestia and Cotchin soon to depart.
Exactly!

I’d say he’s gone. Hasn’t his partner always wanted to back home? Now it’s up to us to get the best deal we can for him.
Matt Rendall saying that the only smart option for Graham is to go. He believes with our developing midfield he could find himself out of the side within 2 seasons.

He suggested Graham plus pick 19 for Ports pick 8 would be fair.

What do our resident experts think?

Reactions: 3 users
Matt Rendall saying that the only smart option for Graham is to go. He believes with our developing midfield he could find himself out of the side within 2 seasons.

I think it would be, but I’m hopeless at this game.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Caught up with big Ivan last night.
Nicest bloke you’d ever meet. Not an egotistical bone in his body
Reckon he’s gone. Alluded to it.

BTW he currently is recovering from a wrist operation and a knee and shoulder clean out. And then there was that massive hit he received in the last VFL game where he needed 6 stitches and had his eye completely closed up.
Playing in the ruck is definitely not for the feint hearted.
Well there is one destination where a newly appointed coach would know exactly what Soldo is capable of or not?
Probably doesn't have a lot of currency but if it can help in the Hopper/Tarranto trade then could benefit both clubs but we wouldn't want Nank to struggle or go down.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Pick 19 and 8 swap only values Graham about picks 31/32, not high enough I would think for Jack's value.

I was more inclined for something like this -

Port's pick 8 and Graham for our pick 30.
Pick 8 points (1551) minus our pick 30 (629 points) = 922 points.
So 922 points values Jack about pick 19/20. (Pick 19 is worth 948 points and pick 20 is 912 points).
That's a fairer value for him. CCJ went for pick 20, so no way is Rendell's pick swap acceptable in comparison to the Jones boy!!
When fit he does his job to the best of his ability, he's a good club person, causes no troubles, improves your club culture.

Then we can go to the Giants with our 12 and 19 picks and Soldo for Taranto and Hopper.
So our draft pick has risen from 12 up to pick 8 and we have gained two hard nut mids.

Then Bullis might sleep better at night ;) because with pick 8 we might be able to draft a Jefferson or Cadman to develop under Lynch and Jack next year.
Cadman is looking like a top 5 pick though, but Jefferson around top 15 should be more getable with a pick 8.

Worst comes to worst Giants can have the pick 8 and 19, but with no Soldo. We'll keep the pick 12 and Jefferson might still be getable.

Reactions: 7 users
But Jack has only played 97 games, so can any deal be put on hold until after he plays three more games next year? :unsure: :(

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

I would want a later pick back also. Maybe a 2023 3rd rounder.

I say keep him. Get him to 100 games plus, he will be more destructive once both T & H come in, Cotch will not play all games next season.
This will make him more valuable and have better currency.

Reactions: 3 users
I love Jack (who can forget the 2019 PF), but he has always been depth and...he does not get clearances. He isn't in the same ballpark as Taranto or Hopper. I trust that the club knows what it's doing.
The bottom line is he is nowhere near capable of replacing catch and dusty , perhaps we foresee a potential haggle over a contract next year that we don’t wish to step up to , there are several reasons I expect that this will come to fruition , $ , picks and a spot in the side we may wish to open up for a couple coming thru

But Jack has only played 97 games, so can any deal be put on hold until after he plays three more games next year? :unsure: :(
If Shocking can get a job at AFL and make rules favorable to the Pussies
Benny can change it so after 97games your kids can be drafted under father son rule

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Sold!

Reactions: 1 user
I say keep him. Get him to 100 games plus, he will be more destructive once both T & H come in, Cotch will not play all games next season.
This will make him more valuable and have better currency.

I agree, but we don't tend to stand in a player's way if he wants to leave. If Graham declares an intention to get to Port, we'll get him there (probably to our detriment).

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user