Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Would have preferred he moved on to be honest. While Jack Graham is a great Richmond man, he is the exact sort of player we need to improve on to get back to winning premierships. Jack just like George were the exact types we needed for the 2017-2020 gameplan to work. The gameplan has evolved as has the competition and what is required now is more Sonsie types than Jack and George types. While he may be a great 2 way runner he doesnt hurt you with his possessions and struggles to get a lot of the ball. Now that may be due to the role he is being asked to play but I just dont see him as someone that can win a lot of his own ball. Tarranto and Hopper are the exact opposite and why we are so desperate to get them in. Ross is the perfect Graham replacement in my eyes and would have been great to get back into the draft with an early pick. Also think Jack's shoulders are a concern and hes one more shoulder injury from missing a lot of footy. Hope im wrong. We have lost many great Richmond men along tge way but you need to continue to evolve to stay at the top.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Aren’t port the happiest club in the afl? Is that just until the bow and arrow guy walks into the room?

Havnt you heard?

Authenticity, vulnerability and love are out of fashion.

narcissism, nepotism, hitmen, corruption and psycho intensity are in

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
That's my boy fridge. Stay at home. Your heart is here.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I truly believe we don’t win the Prelim in 2019 without Jacks incredibly courageous effort to play on with a dislocated sholder, not just a little pop out , but a Big Bang Pow out she comes . JG Tiger legend , Jack Graham that is .

Pretty sure we owe a big thanks to Bakes for getting Jack to stay .

Reactions: 14 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Would have preferred he moved on to be honest. While Jack Graham is a great Richmond man, he is the exact sort of player we need to improve on to get back to winning premierships. Jack just like George were the exact types we needed for the 2017-2020 gameplan to work. The gameplan has evolved as has the competition and what is required now is more Sonsie types than Jack and George types. While he may be a great 2 way runner he doesnt hurt you with his possessions and struggles to get a lot of the ball. Now that may be due to the role he is being asked to play but I just dont see him as someone that can win a lot of his own ball. Tarranto and Hopper are the exact opposite and why we are so desperate to get them in. Ross is the perfect Graham replacement in my eyes and would have been great to get back into the draft with an early pick. Also think Jack's shoulders are a concern and hes one more shoulder injury from missing a lot of footy. Hope im wrong. We have lost many great Richmond men along tge way but you need to continue to evolve to stay at the top.
It’s an interesting point - I guess was 2022 a year he was carrying a severe injury and have we seen the best of him or not. He is just coming into peak age. Pressure doesn’t go away in finals and he is one of the best in the afl at it / delivers well i50 and is pretty classy set shot for goal. On the flip side he doesn’t get much of it as you say.

Also could he evolve into a tagger to shut down a Neale / Cripps / petracca. And would we play a tagger.

The 100 game father son play is also an interesting long term play. So next year would be a sweet spot to trade.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Seems like the Poot offer wasn’t enough coin or years. Old Tarpville still skint

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It’s an interesting point - I guess was 2022 a year he was carrying a severe injury and have we seen the best of him or not. He is just coming into peak age. Pressure doesn’t go away in finals and he is one of the best in the afl at it / delivers well i50 and is pretty classy set shot for goal. On the flip side he doesn’t get much of it as you say.

Also could he evolve into a tagger to shut down a Neale / Cripps / petracca. And would we play a tagger.

The 100 game father son play is also an interesting long term play. So next year would be a sweet spot to trade.
I like the idea of him been our shut down player RE , let him start the season playing head to head and when needed he becomes our lockdown. It’s something I think Dimma should do a bit more .

Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Seems like the Poot offer wasn’t enough coin or years. Old Tarpville still skint
Hinkley stinks
5th best midfielder knocks them back 1 week ago and Jack, Jack Graham that is, 2 time premiership star knocks them back
Maybe they need to lower there expectations and go back to chasing duds like Finalyson, Fanstansia & Dixon.
Rumours they are after Ratonmygear.
That's the players they should stick to chasing

Reactions: 3 users