Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Dare I say it - reminds me a touch of another SA great - Mark Riccuito. A bit of a bull in the contests, wins clearances really strongly. Good, creative handballs too.

Kicking style a bit ugly but seems effective; hits targets, gets enough distance when needed and goals. Leadership qualities and hard at it.

I like him. Good balance with Shai and Garth.

We have a good record with Jacks too, you realise!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
DirtyDogTiger said:
https://nafc.com.au/footy/team/player/278

Born 25/2/98

A question for the South Aussies on here (or anyone who might know). I'm sure North Adelaide used to where red and white vertical stripes. When did they change to the red & white version of the Big V jumper?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Looks okay. Big body, tough, hard at it. Good in clearances. Can never have enough of that.

A mate of mine who watches the potential draftees quite a lot has concerns on his kicking though.

But he has a body ready to go at 183cm and 86kg. That's a good size for a young mid. Reckon he'll play quite a few games next year.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
yeah kicking is a worry. Looks like a really good player otherwise though.

Genuine footballer.

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
From a distance, looks and moves like a guy who used to be a good footballer.

Amazing to think he's so young.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
On watching Graham at state level I initially thought his kicking was abnormally bad (despite the contested nature of the beast), and then I pored through the stats. I was shocked to find that his KE holds up despite looking like a reincarnation of Andy Goodwin. This could well be another Dunkley special, unfashionable but effective. He also hates to handball, the antithesis of retreads such as Matt Thomas & Sam Lonergan. This is a value pick and Larke medalists rarely come this cheap. With a midfield like ours this is just what the doctor ordered.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
easy said:
he looks the complete opposite of Shai Bolton.

when Shai has the ball, everyone else seems to freeze frame

when Jack II has the ball, everyone seems to go into fast forward while he shuffle/waddles around

didnt stop him beating Mcluggage and Ainsworth and Tarantoni and McGrath and SPS and that for the Larke Medal but.

I reckon we could have cracked an old fashion draft bargain.

Shades of Paul Broderick

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
Wish him all the best.
Not convinced after watching his highlights.
Looks a slow and questionable skill set.
Well developed which held him in good stead in junior leagues.
Can't see a lot of upside.
Will be delighted if he proves me wrong.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Were Luke Hodge, Jordan Lewis or Greg Williams regarded as quick? So pace is not everything. He can obviously get the ball and deliver it well, good pick from those available. In his highlight reel he was handballing out of packs more than kicking, and very effectively so where's the problem? He gets it and feeds it out to Cotchin etc. can't wait.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
When the clubs own bio of him says he "lacks polish" it's makes you nervous.

J

Jumping Jack

Pick 53... what a steel (I believe).
If he doesn't turn out, that doesn't matter, well because he was pick 53.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Gee more spin on here than the club puts out. "Steel of the draft" seems to have replaced "can't believe he fell to pick no......".