Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
They do have a child, so I would imagine that's the one. ..... however, could also be a random child strolling the vines. :rolleyes:
That's nice, he's been with the same girl then for at least 6 years, 2017 draft photo below mentions girlfriend as Finlay McMillan, and has a child already at age 23, took me until age 35 to get some responsibility in my life and grow up........a bit!! :LOL:

1672018422309.png

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The bub at the bottom of the pic is their child or a photo bomber? :unsure:

View attachment 17750
Yeah it's their 1 year old boy Oliver Tawhirau Miller. Finlay's a beautiful lady but can't work out if she's Irish (by name and looks) or Kiwi going by the kid's middle name.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Yeah it's their 1 year old boy Oliver Tawhirau Miller. Finlay's a beautiful lady but can't work out if she's Irish (by name and looks) or Kiwi going by the kid's middle name.

Think Kiwi.
Ben has worked hard since his arrival, has progressed in each season, and there is no suggestion that he has reached anything like his best.
Apart from his size his greatest attribute is his anticipation. He trained a bit with Rancey in his early years and like Rance he seems to have an ability to judge when he can reach the next contest and when he can’t.
Could play anywhere. Has a leap on him and at 198 is already a handy relief ruck.
Has speed and with his anticipation very good in defence. Also a pretty good kick if a bit one sided.
In many ways he looks similar to Noah who also arrived in the 2016 draft.
Personally I like him at half back with Noah (and some new glasses) up forward.
Every chance both to play all games when available, and finish top 10 in the JDM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Based on his form and improvement last year he will get to 100 games
When?

Played 12 games in 5 years and somehow got a contract for another 2 years. Even if he plays every game for the next two years he’ll have barely passed 50 games in 7 seasons without serious injury. Reckon the pressure is on Big Ben, needs to start delivering.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
When?

Played 12 games in 5 years and somehow got a contract for another 2 years. Even if he plays every game for the next two years he’ll have barely passed 50 games in 7 seasons without serious injury. Reckon the pressure is on Big Ben, needs to start delivering.
Continue delivering. He delivered above expectations last year. He’s still young and yes, he needs to keep improving- but he made a big jump this past season.

Reactions: 5 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Personally i think Ben Miller is a very important cog in the richmond wheel going foward in our pursuit of another flag
198cm 98kgs can play defence , foward , ruck and is athletically very gifted.

Realistically he is the perfect 23rd man at worst and i prefer to keep Miller than Soldo (who i believe will be at another club in 2 years)

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
When?

Ridiculous post, using no context from his background.

We took him very late, knowing he used to train with his club once a week because of the travel time. Clearly the club has seen something it likes, and has been patient waiting for the development.
Wouldn't have been given a contract if they didn't trust him.

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Just a plodder for mine, on the list because he provides good insurance with our lack of tall stocks.

Can provide useful cover when needed but you don't want to get to a point where he is your front line.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
No plodder for me has all attributes to go further and keep improving a plodder is a tall in our side for the sake of it with no upside.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Interesting. I’d call a breakout year this year based on what we were seeing late last year. He is about the age for it as a tall.

Confidence will be up and he has crazy athletic traits for a big guy. The @The Big Richo plodder call may be like Dermies.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I think he has showed he has the attributes to be a decent AFL footballer,all he needs to do now is be consistent,and improve his goal kicking :LOL:
For what ever reason,he reminds me of a Benny Gale type of player,but more athletic.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Given the limited elite junior training he was exposed to was always going to be a slow burn
If he improves as much in the next two years as he has in the last two years will be well in the best 22
Big year for Ben will be great for us