Pick 9 ND 2012 – Who should we pick? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 9 ND 2012 – Who should we pick?

Baloo said:
he ,looks like he works for the Melbourne Direct Marketing Association.

:hihi definitely. Or just google "rolls royce hood ornament".

Jexy said:
:hihi definitely. Or just google "rolls royce hood ornament".

lol thanks for that. I didn't realise that was the name of the ornament.

Jexy said:
Just on Garlett, if you take a look at some of the photos of him out on the town that he posts on his instagram, take a close look at his pupils.

Shots like this (and the comments on them) don't inspire too much confidence - http://instagram.com/p/PFDW0ZtJ4x/
:rofl
Can't believe I hadn't seen that before. Even the caption is "cooked". Doesn't even try and hide it.

checkside said:
:rofl
Can't believe I hadn't seen that before. Even the caption is "cooked". Doesn't even try and hide it.

And his mate comments "Peaking hard!" ::)

Watched the draft but must admit from pic 50 onwards after our 4 pics i wasn't paying to much attention, so can anyone confirm whether Garlett was picked or overlooked....

AstuteTiger said:
Watched the draft but must admit from pic 50 onwards after our 4 pics i wasn't paying to much attention, so can anyone confirm whether Garlett was picked or overlooked....
No takers.

Rory Atkins went at pic 81 to the Crows think they did well, thought he would be snapped up at around pics 30 to 40

SCOOP said:
For sure, something is up.

I guess this is the difference between being a watcher and a recruiter.

The background checking and personality testing on these young players now is becoming a major aspect of the game.
Eg I would has at a guess our club would think that the recent recruitments of the likes of Connors, Taylor & McDonald have been substantial distractions despite having some clear ability.
Footy is just so professional these days and lists are turning over so quickly that unless you can be seen to fit the system, you may well get passed over.
The risk factor is being minimised.

Jexy said:
Just on Garlett, if you take a look at some of the photos of him out on the town that he posts on his instagram, take a close look at his pupils.

Shots like this (and the comments on them) don't inspire too much confidence - http://instagram.com/p/PFDW0ZtJ4x/

GAME, SET, MATCH. If he gets on a list, target tested for sure.

Tigers of Old said:
I think he will be lucky to get on a list at all looking through his photos.

Heard he was a party boy but that picture takes the cake. What's worse is that he was stupid enough to post them on the internet.

Tigers of Old said:
I guess this is the difference between being a watcher and a recruiter.

The background checking and personality testing on these young players now is becoming a major aspect of the game.
Eg I would has at a guess our club would think that the recent recruitments of the likes of Connors, Taylor & McDonald have been substantial distractions despite having some clear ability.
Footy is just so professional these days and lists are turning over so quickly that unless you can be seen to fit the system, you may well get passed over.
The risk factor is being minimised.
Yep! Model citizens only, riff raff need not apply.

Do you remember in the days before social media that you had to wait until someone got hit my a taxi in King st at 3 am to work out why AFL clubs thought someone was a knob?

mtench said:
I wonder if Vlad and the AFL told every club not to
Pick him?

Well Garlett has been invited to train with Essendon, I'd say he's certain to get rookied and will have 12 months to sort himself out. He definitely won't be at Richmond.