Pie Banner | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pie Banner

G

giggler

The AFL banned the Collingwood Cheer Squad from displaying a banner which had wording on it the AFL did not like. If they left the banner as is the club would have received a $20,000??? fine.

However, Eddie managed to tell all on TV last night what was on the banner just so they got their message across. Eddie once again using his position in the media to avoid bans. The AFL can't fine Channel 9 i guess.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I thought the same thing

The banner probably would have been seen by far fewer people had it actually been displayed at the ground only.

When is Clinton Casey going to start hosting television shows??

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
What was this so called "message"? I didn't watch the game.

I wish Eddie would give it up and *smile* off. I can't stand watching Collingwood games with him commentating. It just puts me off. Everytime a Collingwood player does something good, if he gets excited I think "oh it's sooo obvious", but then if he acts subdued i think "he's hiding it in because of Channel 9"

Either way he and the viewers can't win because it's so annoying and it always plays on your mind. I think the AFL should fine Eddie for making comments as a President (it doesn't matter if he's sitting in the commentary box, he's still a president) that they didn't approve of. He knew they didn't like it, so they should fine his arse off.

I so feel like smashing him in the head sometimes. He's just got one of those smart arse cheeky grin faces.. arrggghh..

Anyway, there's my whinge for the week. Have a happy and SAFE easter!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Anti I don't remember the wording of the banner, but it was having a go at the AFL about the salary cap concessions.

I agree it was probably a tad political, my personal view is that banners shouldn't be used for that kind of purpose.

I have to agree about Eddie's commentary, he's so annoying. He shows his almost incestuous love for his team, then every now and again tries to force out a bit of enthusiasm for the opposition.
I wouldn't mind him calling non-Collingwood games, but he's so annoying when the Pies are playing.

He was calling for frees for in the back, deliberate, should have paid the mark etc......all Collingwoods way.........then came out and said the umpires are doing a great job tonight. ::)

I wonder how much our little ads each week cost compared to the free advertising Collingwood get for a couple of hours each week on The Footy Show.

They are a very powerful machine, the Collingwood Football Club. I live in hope that power never gets them a premiership. ;D

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
antigravity said:
What was this so called "message"? I didn't watch the game.

The message was removed before the game. Think Collingwood had just a plain black run-through. This is what the message said:

A CAPACITY CROWD
IT'S LIVE ON NINE
WELL DONE MAGPIES
NOW IT'S REVENGE TIME

THE AFL LIONS
WITH SALARIES TO SPARE
FIX EM' UP PIES
MAKE EM' LOOK LIKE BEARS

Eddie Everywhere checks over the banner now every week due to the number of embarrassing spelling mistakes that occurred last year. ha..their supporters are as dumb as they look ;D.