Plant the spud game. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Plant the spud game.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
O.K. heres a game for everyone to stick their two cents worth into. Lots of experts want to chop the coach because everythings his fault same as it was gieschens fault and wallsys fault and swooper and jeansy and k.b. and t.j. and god knows who else's fault since we crucified tommy. Lets get some comment on who the great white saviour of the endangered Tiger will be. Remember now that the last time we went looking for a coach no experienced coach would go near us, most rookie coaches stayed where they were safe, a few bypassed desperates put their hands up and poor old spudder actually went to the club again and again with a long term ( five year type plan to rebuild the club )

Who is available for 2004 providing we don't frighten half of them off and what have they got to offer?

Rocket Eade reputed to be a great match day tactition, ordinary training day to day coach, capable of giving his teams a huge bake during qtr breaks and hasn't Roosy got those no names Rocket left playing well.

Plough Wallace did a great job lifting the dogs to the finals 4 years running put in some innovative match day ideas, oversaw the development of a team of all round six footers with almost no key position players. Then topped it of by doing the dirty on the club just before seasons end(smelled a bit like a swooper trick to me )

Mark Harvey well regarded but again a rookie coach.

Gary O'donnell same as Harves

Sheep Lambert?? Walked out on the tiges coz they were trying to trade him. Would he be foolish enough to trust us and come back?

Sheeds when he comes out of contract for the twentieth time and scores an extension and payrise just coz we want him. personally Iwould prefer to see him finish his career as a Bomber, we had him as a player and after 20 odd years at essendon it just feels right for him to stay.

Who or What else is available and what have they got to offer? Come on tigers lets get some dead set honest discussion happening without just sacking the dud coz the duds a dud and its all the dud duds fault

tony

Its time to get serious
Jul 29, 2003
portland vic
Dennis Pagen,if he was available he would be the ideal coach.
WHY because he forms a team, has a real presance and would be respected amongst most fans.
Tony

Plus he would put some Real fear into the players.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I would have all of the above ahead of no-brains fraudly.

The basic reasons I would have them ahead of Fraudly are -

Wallace - Will implement an attacking and exciting brand of football in which players can develop. Wallace developed two brownlow medalists and endless years of finals.

Eade - Will demand respect from the players and at the very least the players will fear the coach - no buddy relationships.

Harvey - Has been assistant to a mastercoach and if he was to learn one thing from Sheedy it will be one thing more than Fraudly knows about coaching. Also came from a winning backgroand as a player

O'Donnell - same as Harvey. However is better placed as he's been exposed to 2 succesful clubs

Lambert - Has seen and learnt how its done at the back to back winning premiers. Also was a tiger. Has my respect coz he demanded success and walked away when he saw RFC was a joke. Will demand respect.

Sheeds - coz he's sheeds.

From the realistic candidates (sheeds won't be available) I would choose - in order of preference -
- Wallace
- O'Donnell
- Lambert
- Harvey
- Eade

There are ample candidates and we should not turn a blind eye for the mere fact that we need to be seen to be stable when it comes to coaches. Frawely has shown he is incapable and must be disposed of now.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Malcolm Blight...........don't write this of as he said only recently he finds it hard after the St Kilda debacle to leave it where it has been left.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I think Wallace is the guy to teach our boys how to get in and get the footy.
Eade is the worst coach I have ever seen- I am in Sydney, and watching the swans under him was painful.
The other three mentioned above will be good coaches when their time comes.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I think Mick Malthouse is a great coach. Has a good football brain and passion to match. He also is a good disciplinarian which I think is a key requirement for us.
Also being an ex tiger doesn't hurt either.
I know he's not available. Does anyone know when he comes off contract with Collingwood??