thoughts on Richo & other | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

thoughts on Richo & other

Tiger

Tiger
Jul 6, 2003
Melbourne
Funny - all those Richo knockers seemed to have disappeared this week. Tiger has been saying all along he was being played in the wrong position. Always said let him go anywhere. Hard to consider trading a footballer who takes 18 marks!!!
Also perhaps if they had put the 3 bros at his feet!

The coaching geniuses obvs stumbled on a new theory last week. A more stagnant target like Holland who the 3 bros can work around and!! leave them on the ground. Perhaps we should send an email about this site!

Betting tip put $10 on the tiges this week all up for the rest of the season!! ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I haven't watched the Freo game yet Tiger, will watch it in the morning though.

On 3L0 they were giving Richo a fair spray saying what an enigma he is, and it would probably be better for both Richmond and Richo to part company at the end of the season. (They did say they don't really know what goes on around the club though.)

They said Richo gave a team mate a fair sort of serve for not delivering the ball to him as he wanted it, then mentioned Otto had made a wonderful lead to Richo and instead of hitting him with an easy kick Richo kicked it a metre over Otto's head to be marked in the square by Sandilands. They commented that Otto said nothing and got on with the game whereas Richo takes it out on anyone but himself. Richo needs to look in his own back yard as far as delivery to team mates goes.

They also said he was very undisclipined giving away a 50 metre penalty.

They commented on Richo's number of marks, but said it was the work of Kane Johnson that Richo had the opportunity to mark so many. Players like Johnson get in and do the hard work for him.

BTW they gave Johnson 3 votes on 3LO, pretty impressive seeing it was interstate where there is normally a fairly strong home bias.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Tiger said:
Tiger has been saying all along he was being played in the wrong position.

Everyone has been saying all along the richo was being played in the wrong position, you saying that is nothing special :-\

I still think Richo needs to go.

Rosy it seems like the boys on 3LO sumed his performance up pretty nicely.

He let his opponet get some very easy possesions. 18 marks is one thing, but how he used those possesions is another.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I'd like to know the stat for how many times Richo has gotten caught holding the ball in his career. Always an embarassment seeing it happen.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Out of interest does anyone know who it was that the commentators were saying copped abuse from Richo this time, if in fact it did happen?

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Hopefully Richos efforts in the last two weeks alows us more bargaining power at trade time. 90% of his marks were unattended. If he cant kick 5 each week, he is totally useless. And his days of kicking 5 a game are over.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Richo gets absolutely crucified by the umpires.
He just has to touch someone and it's a free against him, and when the same happens to him it's play on.
Mind you if he learnt to bite his tongue he would be better off.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
rosy3 said:
Out of interest does anyone know who it was that the commentators were saying copped abuse from Richo this time, if in fact it did happen?

Bowden kicked it over his head (wing/HFF) and the camera caught Richo yelling "put it in front" and pointing. Right in front of the freo stand...I am sure they would have been giving it to him all day.

Richo needs to sharpen up if he wants to be considered a captain. The way he goes off is an embarrassment. Maybe the whole team should scream at him next time they work their butts off to get him a shot 30 metres out and he misses.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
If you want a future captain for our club I would suggest David Rodan would be the man before Cogs. Cogs is probably the better player, but Rodan oozes leadership and will be a gun i nhis own right. He seems ot communicate well, is extroverted, does amazing team lifting things on the field and I reckon he is the man I would like to captain our club in the future. Short term no nor Cogs, but long term I couldnt think of anyone better

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Richo's had the opportunity to be Captain this season.

All it has done is show up the way this Club has developed players over the years.

If Richo had any self-respect or respect for his team mates, he wouldn't berate them at every turn. If players had enough respect for themselves, they would not allow it.

Instead, they all make excuses for him and help him to be the way he is. Just like the rest of them over the years.

His actions alone say a lot about why our Club is perceived in the way that it is.

No respect from within, no respect from without.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Breaks my heart MC, but I think you are correct.

There are 2 categories of Vic clubs...
First category contains ess, coll, carl, north and sometimes haw.

Second contains Richmond, melb, saints, geel, dogs and sometimes haw.

The difference between the categories is in the respect that others have for that team, and the respect within the team. You just know that carl will come back, like coll did. Ess never are down for long...for them to be down means they miss the finals one year. Somewhere somehow, mediocrity became acceptable at Richmond.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Richo is the epitomy of mediocrity, thats why he is lauded by 95% of tiger supporters. Supporters that have never seen what a ruthless, successful club we once were. Richo would of been the reserves leading goal kicker, as Mark Jackson was, if he had played in the early 80's.
We will never be a successful side until this jughead, headcase has retired or be traded.

tro-boy

Get in my belly
Dec 18, 2002
Melbourne
www.austinpowers.com
at 28 it is no use trading Richo now. The opportunity passed a couple of years ago. Why not keep him in the midfield. He is currently getting a lot of cheap possessions. However, there are at least 5-10 other midfield type players on our list that cant even get the cheap possessions. Also, by taking Richo out of the forward line, we can restructure our game plan to mould a new set up.

Conclusion: Richo is not doing us any harm in the midfield. In fact, if he focuses his next pre-season on that role next year, he could be a force to be reckoned with next year!