Player exodus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Player exodus

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Now with the news Hardwick has called it a day? And rumours Broad will go home to WA. Will we see a players start heading to the exit door?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Cotch and Jack will retire. Maybe also Dusty if he's lost his two mates and his only senior coach.
Tarrant will hopefully retire before mid-season draft.
Then there are a bunch of underperforming players who will be considering for delisting.
But then again, a new coach will want to have input to the structure of the list.
Interesting times ahead.

Reactions: 1 users
Cotch - retire
Jack - retire
Tarrant - retire
Broad - trade
Soldo - trade
Dusty - trade (assuming he doesn't want to stay without his mates

Grimes to retire next year

Who knows what Dusty will do . But yeah big chance he goes at seasons end . Broad West Cost , Freo maybe ? . Graham rumoured to be going back to Adelaide ( Port or Crows ) ? Soldo rumoured to be looking at leaving ? JR and Cotch going (3 or 4 games till his 300th ?) . Tarrant probably will retire next week before the Mid season draft ... BTW we have to nail that draft .. tall forward , fast midfielders .. no skinny flankers .

Why all this talk that Boobsy will go?
Here's my plan.
Give him some more cash, not stacks more, but more.
Put a "C" after his name.
Take pressure off Nankenstein and Optimus Prime.
He is a natural born killer, oops, Leader.
Captains the backline with Optimus anyway.

Very small example.
Go to the start of the Geesook game.
Down the ground footage from behind the goals.
Just before the bounce he motioned to another Tiger (out of shot) and gave the fist/pump up as if he was saying "you ready, let's go for The Rfc!"
It was a thing of beauty. Leadership 101.
To me anyway.

Win, win, win.
Theglove3 has spoken.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
We've got to savour every minute of the remaining champs.
Yep we are already about to lose our 2 biggest most senior leaders in Skippa Chimp and Jackmond.

Kots of questions will be posed and scenarios posed for the remainder of the season.

Dustin may just snatch it and walk away altogether and go to Ibiza.

Broad may now not feel as keen to stay with Dimma gone although he loves the club and his team mates.

Grimes many not even have re signed had he known either.

Marlion might even decide to go earlier who knows.

Graham may have another look at returning to SA.

The other question is what impact will Dimma leaving have upon prospective recruits or free agents.

Tigers may well have lost a significant amount of destination currency with the *smile* poor season so far and now its most popular Leader departing.

The possibility of other clubs coming for our few remaining quality long term players could be an issue also.

Last edited:
Not worried at all time for a clean out and new blood and ideas aslong as Balme and Gale there we're in good hands .The obvious retirements and delistings , but for me, I'm looking at trading one of Vlastuin or Short with Graham , Hugo to get us in this draft we have to be brave.

Reactions: 1 users
Lots of Debbie Downer posting going on.
we knew about the stalwarts going.
so no surprise.
need to look at the future with excitement.
nothing stays the same forever.
cmon lift.
debbie downer GIF

Reactions: 10 users
Who knows but imagine if the players melded and we made finals this year?

Reactions: 3 users