Players retiring in 2022/23 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Players retiring in 2022/23

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Tom Lynch has retired. Relax it's the other one.......:mhihi
North getting off lightly for an ill-considered selection.
No way Lynch was suitable for North, not with their list nor their weaknesses.
And was clearly finished / massively hampered with a worn out body.
Ordinary choice by north

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
North getting off lightly for an ill-considered selection.
No way Lynch was suitable for North, not with their list nor their weaknesses.
And was clearly finished / massively hampered with a worn out body.
Ordinary choice by north
Not sure he ever played, that should be under scrutiny. He was never going to play, was recruited as a development coach akin to Goldsack at PTA (off the soft cap books) and subsequently norf were always going to the mid season draft knowing they were bound to be close to the first pick

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Not sure he ever played, that should be under scrutiny. He was never going to play, was recruited as a development coach akin to Goldsack at PTA (off the soft cap books) and subsequently norf were always going to the mid season draft knowing they were bound to be close to the first pick
Agree.
Though how can North be worried about the soft cap? Surely their coaching staff aren't peak payments

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Agree.
Though how can North be worried about the soft cap? Surely their coaching staff aren't peak payments
Yeah, that makes the mind boggle when you mention it. You would think neither of the salary/soft caps would be anywhere near full capacity

Reactions: 1 user

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
That title belongs to Nic Naitanui. Averaged 5 kicks, 1.7 marks and 0.5 goals per game his entire career.

(Oh but he can jump really high sometimes !!)
Shut up Red. Every time you bring up his name I get lost in time and wake-up 20 minutes later with a smile on my face. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Majak Daw 31, 12 seasons on AFL lists for 54 games. That’s gotta be some sort of record.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Majak Daw 31, 12 seasons on AFL lists for 54 games. That’s gotta be some sort of record.
All the best to Maj and hope he doesn't do that stupid thing again. You got a family that loves ya Maj.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I heard on radio he played for 16 years. i was shocked because after 16 years i still don't know much about him and what type of player he was. I think he was St Kilda captain for a while?
I thought he’d already retired! Yeah, he was skipper after Riewoldt, drafted in 2006, same as J Selwood.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I heard on radio he played for 16 years. i was shocked because after 16 years i still don't know much about him and what type of player he was. I think he was St Kilda captain for a while?
Geary he was a trier. He was there mini me Archer, but Unskilled.
Typical Stkilda player.