Positive opinion on Frawley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Positive opinion on Frawley

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
When Richmond appointed Frawley, it did so knowing he was a novice coach, and with that had some sort of an obligation to give him a couple of years to learn the caper. So far his record is around fifty-fifty not sure exactly though. He's made a prelimary final once (which is what Tiger fans have been craving for years) and therefore in that regard he's done what many before haven't.

I have faith in the man and hes got my full support.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Some good points Shawry.

A few years ago I spoke with a bloke who played with Danny at St Kilda for about 5 years, and his opinion was that he is a really hard worker, works at developing strong relationships with his fellow players, and has a very good grasp of the game, but also said he isn't overly intelligent and was prone to do some very stupid things which he thought was OK.

This can be translated into Danny at RFC IMO. He has made some very good decisions, and some dumb ones, but nobody could ever questions his work ethic or commitment to the cause.

Looking back over the past 3 years, Danny support crew has been alright, but in comparison to how it is now, it resembled Geischen's team.

I hope Danny is around next year, and would actually like the club to get this sorted out sooner rather than later, so he doesn't have to worry so much about how he is going to feed his family.

With Miller running the show, I think (hope) we will see a much better tiger list in 2004, and a team which has the ability to be a strong finals contender. And it would be great to see Danny at the helm for this.

I am with you on this one Shawry. If the club sacks Frawley it will do more harm than good.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Rampaging Richo said:
I hope Danny is around next year, and would actually like the club to get this sorted out sooner rather than later, so he doesn't have to worry so much about how he is going to feed his family.

With Miller running the show, I think (hope) we will see a much better tiger list in 2004, and a team which has the ability to be a strong finals contender. And it would be great to see Danny at the helm for this.

I am with you on this one Shawry. If the club sacks Frawley it will do more harm than good.

I agree 100%

Danny is contracted until the end of next season. I believe the contract will be honoured and Danny deserves to have it honoured. I know I keep going back to the week I spent at the Club but I can only go by what I saw first hand. Don't think for a minute that the Footy Dept put on some sort of show to "dud" me into to thinking lovely things.

Greg Miller when he first arrived at the Club made the point (and has made it numerous times since) that from outsiders point of view he believed that Danny did not have the support around him that he should have when he was appointed. The Board recognised this fact hence why; they had discussions with Greg Miller and then asked him to join the Club. Greg Miller has also said that in his opinion Danny has done a good job to achieve what he has with what he has got at his disposal.

RR, you make a great point Danny now has the support he needs. We seem to agree on this board (the vast majority at least) that Greg Miller is the right person to have at the Club and we all seem to value his judgement and reputation. I think we need to trust his judgement and his judgement at this moment is that Danny is right person for the job then, that being the case maybe it is time those who value Greg Miller's standing in football to start supporting Club and those running it.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
The club has invested a lot of money in the football department with the addition of Miller and Brits. They are there to assist Frawley and to make it easier for him, not to sack him.
Don't listen to the crap that some people write on this forum, they haven't got a clue what's happening at the club and they are just embarrasing themselves.
Frawley will be coach next season there is no doubt about that.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
The Boss said:
The club has invested a lot of money in the football department with the addition of Miller and Brits. They are there to assist Frawley and to make it easier for him, not to sack him.
Don't listen to the crap that some people write on this forum, they haven't got a clue what's happening at the club and they are just embarrasing themselves.
Frawley will be coach next season there is no doubt about that.

Exactly the point I was trying to make Boss. ;)

Danny will be Coach in 2004.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Also, when Mark Coughlan was on 'On the Counch' after the St. Kilda game, Gerard Healy asked him what he thought it said about AFL football when a player such as Richo had a kicking routine that was 'not a routine', i.e. he just went back and had a kick, rather than going through a routine.

Gerard was very tactful, if not kind, because the question should have been 'what does it say about Richmond ….'

Several coaches before Danny could not fix that and other problems. It's about time some people woke up to the fact that one person is not responsible for all our problems.

People can bag Danny for some or all of them, if they like, but many issues have been there a lot longer than he has. His responsibility is to change things. But he's not going to fix 20+ years of mediocrity in four years and do it on his own. And, as has been mentioned, this is where the Club fell down in the past, because there obviously was not the support that is being provided now.

Things aren't necessarily going as well as we would like at the moment, but they are better than they have been and can only improve from here.

The Club is recognising the problems and can only change them as quickly as circumstances allow.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Come on I'm sorry the facts have to be looked at...he has had 4 years and to this minute the club have no more respect or are in no better position than before he came in. Thats 4 years of drafting, game plan, disciplines etc....No I'm sorry he needs to be sacked he has had long enough this is not a charity case this is business.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Banghead.gif
Banghead.gif
Banghead.gif
Banghead.gif
Banghead.gif
Banghead.gif
Banghead.gif
Banghead.gif
Banghead.gif
Banghead.gif

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Can't understand why you'd be feeling like that TG. :-\ Just take a deep breath.

Breathe in .... breathe out.

Breathe in ... breathe out.

Hope that feels better TG. ;)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
mightytiges said:
Is that one for each your subjects TG ;).
If I had that many subjects MT I'd never be online, maybe there's a few extra for Aussie History.

MC24 said:
Can't understand why you'd be feeling like that TG. :-\ Just take a deep breath.

Breathe in .... breathe out.

Hope that feels better TG. ;)
Much better now MC, although I think punching something would have been more effective ;D

DragicevicFan said:
Can i borrow a couple of them for my marketing research exam tomorrow TG??
Take as many as you want DF, I'm willing to share :D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
At the risk of upsetting some - there are no positives on Frawely. I've just found one of my old Save our skins tins and thought I'd get a head start ;D