POST TEAM LISTS HERE. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

POST TEAM LISTS HERE.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Tiger 29 Team

1. Gary Ablett
2. Steve Johnson
3. Brad Sewell
4. Matthew Boyd
5. Max Hudghton
6. Alan Didak
7. Bernie Vince
8. Andrew Mackie
9. Will Minson
10. Joel Bowden
11. Michael Doughty
12. Brad Dalziell
13. Anthony Rocca
14. Ivan Maric
15. Rick Ladson
16. Clarke, Xavier
17. Tim Notting
18. Joel Patfull
19. Stuart Dew
20. Travis Varcoe
21. Austin Wonaeamirri
22. Chad Fletcher
23. Jordan Russell
24. Paul Duffield
25. Kepler Bradley

B: Matthew Boyd Max Hudghton Rick Ladson

HB: Andrew Mackie Joel Bowden Michael Doughty

C: Alan Didak Brad Sewell Brad Dalziell

HF: Stuart Dew Anthony Rocca Steve Johnson

F: Chad Fletcher Will Minson Austin Wonaeamirri

R: Ivan Maric Gary Ablett Bernie Vince

INT: Clarke, Xavier Tim Notting Paul Duffield Joel Patfull

EMG: Travis Varcoe Jordan Russell Kepler Bradley

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Sorry all been a bit hetic at the moment, in Manly for four days then at a bucks day at Caulfield on Saturday, then off to a massive family function Sunday. Will be around from here on in.

B Joel McDonald Luke McPharlin Roger Hayden

HB Bachar Houli Craig Bolton Peter Burgyone

C Daniel Wells Jared McVeigh Chris Masten

HF Brad Green Travis Cloke Danyle Pearce

F Alwyn Davey Brendan Fevola Trent Henschel

R Ben Hudson Jobe Watson Daniel Kerr

INT Brendan Lade Richard Douglas Sam Power Micheal Pettigrew.

EMG. Cleve Hughes, Chris Johnson, Stephen Hill.

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007
No drama mate, I was getting worried about types I was picking from your list so wrote a list of your team anyway lol

Just in case you ended up with 22 midfielders. :hihi

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
My team finally, sorry for the delay

B: Matthew Warnock, Trent Croad, Paul Bevan
HB: Xavier Ellis, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Corey Enright
C: Andrew Embley, Marc Murphy, Travis Boak
HF: Jude Bolton, Chris Tarrant, Mitch Morton
F:, Corey Jones, Jonathan Brown ©, David Rodan
R: Jamie Charman, Daniel Cross, Dominic Cassisi
Int:  Andrew Carrazzo, Brad Miller, Chris Yarran, Mark Jamar
Emergencies: Paddy Veszpremi, Alex Rance, Cameron Cloke

Team Philosophy:
I took Johan Brown as pick one because he is the last and best of the true power forwards you can base an attack around. Always reliable he’s a leader of men whose best isn’t as good as Buddy’s best, but because he is reliable he a perfect foundation for the rest of the team.

The key to the forward line in place I set about ensuring supply, I drafted a team of tough, hard mids who win their own football and can use it. I also made sure it was a deep midfield, because you need a lot of guys in the rotation these days, so I have Cross, Cassisi, Embley, Murphy, Boak, Carrazzo, Bolton, Ellis and Rodan as guys who can all play on ball.

I drafted young legs, plenty of players whose best years are ahead of them and have showed promise. Football is a young man’s game so Boak, Murphy, Ellis, Yarran, Veszpremi provide spark.

I rate the importance of clearances, so not only did I draft clearance players I have plenty or ruck depth, Charman and Jamar are both could tap ruckman and Cloke is competent as a number 3.

Line by Line
Backs: Ellis and Enright provide the class and distribution, LRT and Croad are not flashy but effective as proved by they are both Premiership key position players. Beavan is a great shut down player and I wished he played for the Tigers I real life. Warnock put together a very solid year in a bad team last year and in the 3rd back.

Center line/mids: As I said, the mids are numerous, tough, ball getters and most are tacklers. Jamie Charman is the badest man in the AFL and the team enforcer.

Forwards: Tarent is in the team to get on his bike and play upfield on the wings to be the release target out of half back so Brown can play in the forward 50. The rest of the forwards are a nice combination of mid size dangerous players who are good marks but can play the ground ball (Morton, Jones) and smalls who are very hard working, creative and good defensively and at stoppages (Bolton, Rodan).

Interchange: Cazzo is part of the midfield rotation. Miller gives flexibility and can play tall back and forward and will replace Tarrent at the first sign that he is having one of his bad days, Jamar is the resting ruck and Yarran is there for a spark of brilliance.

Emergencies:  Veszpremi is an exciting young player with a lot of potential,  Rance is there to eventually replace LRT and Cloke is a spare parts odd jobs man.

All in all a fun exercise, thank you to all who organized it. 

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Interesting tro reflect on some of these teams, now that the season has ended.

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Phantom said:
Interesting tro reflect on some of these teams, now that the season has ended.

Just saw this post,

it would be interesting to have a vote by those that were in this to see what they think of the teams post season.

KiwiTig

Tiger Superstar
Dec 27, 2007
Williamstown
B- D Wirrpanda M. Scarlett A. McPhee
HB- G. Birchell L.McGuane C. Newman
C - D. Wojcinski M. McVeigh G. Johncock
HF- M. O'Loughlin J. Riewoldt D. Polo
F- N.G. Brown M. Lloyd T. Hislop
Foll- D. Cox B. Kirk N. Foley
INT- S. Taylor, P. Bower, R. Shaw, C. Mayne
EMER- B. Peake, S. Hampson, L. Barry

If we were going again for 2010

Probably 5 players who had solid seasons and redraft - Scarlett, Newman, Kirk, R. Shaw, Johncock

OK season and still consider for redrafting late in the draft - Taylor, Bower, Hampson, Polo, J Riewoldt, McGuane, McPhee

Injuries in 2009 redraft 2010 - Cox, Foley, Birchell, McVeigh

Sorry bad choice not again - Peake, Mayne, Hislop, Wojcinski

Retired - NG Brown, Lloyd, Barry, Wirrpanda, O'Loughlin

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
1. Nick Riewoldt
2. Simon Black
3. Scott Thompson
4. Scott Pendlebury
5. Kelvin Moore
6. Josh Fraser
7. Bryce Gibbs
8. Brendan Goddard
9. Steven Salopek
10. Adam Hunter
11. Rhys Palmer
12. Jack Anthony
13. Nick Malceski
14. Colin Garland
15. Michael Osborne
16. Mark Lecras
17. Andrew Welsh
18. Gavin Urquhart
19. Marty Clarke
20. Brent Moloney
21. Michael Jamison
22. Sam Lonergan
23. Brad Ebert
24. Robbie Gray
25. Sharrod Wellingham

B: Michael Jamison- Kelvin Moore - Brendan Goddard
HB: Bryce Gibbs – Colin Garland - Marty Clarke
C: Rhys Palmer- Scott Thompson - Scott Pendlebury
HF: Nick Malceski - Nick Riewoldt – Michael Osborne
F: Adam Hunter – Jack Anthony - Mark Lecras
R: Josh Fraser- Simon Black – Steven Salopek

Bench: Andrew Welsh – Brent Moloney - - Sam Lonergan – Brad Ebert
EMG: Robbie Gray - Gavin Urquhart - Sharrod Wellingham

Happy with Black, Goddard, Riewoldt and Lecras especially. Some of the rest went okay.

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007
Dyer Disciple said:
B- Kieren Jack Scott Stevens Graham Polak

HB- Jed Adcock Nathan.J.Brown Paul Wheatly

C- Chad Kornes Jimmy Bartel Ben Cousins

HF- Stephen Milne Justin Koschitzke Jason Akermanis

F- Tom Lonergan Daniel Bradshaw Russell Robertson

Foll- Darren Jolly Mark Coughlan Shane Tuck

INT- Andrew Lovett, Adam Bentick, Kyle Reimers, Scott Welsh

EMER- Dean Solomon, Simon Buckley, Antoni Grover

Happy with - Adcock, Koschitzke, Akermanis, Bradshaw, Jolly, Bartel & Cousins and Chad Kornes

Gambles in Adock and Lovett returning to form and Cousins being able to play more than a few games payed off.

Polak was a gamble that didn't pay off but a desperate selection being best of what was left if he could get right, very nearly did and had some great games at coburg, so not far off.

Jack was always a fantasy future project player but could have been swapped with Lovett of the bench and Lonergan swung into defence to give forward a bit more bite, dissapointed in not getting more out of stevens and Brown (collingwood's).

Wheatley proved shot as did Robertson & Welsh, both desperate picks though after concentrating on building a dominant midfield. Bentick and Reimers were dissapointing.

Overall reasonably happy, you could always do way better with benefit of hindsight but made the right decision on some risks like Cousins, Adcock and Lovett and to a lesser extent Milne/Akermanis in getting some decent output from them despite age or previous form/questions.

Pretty confident they would still have won more than lost against other teams and finished Top 4. ;D

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
are we doing this again this year -

if so - volunteer just to be a coach. I will let others run it this year.