Posting & Reading on PRE at Work!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Posting & Reading on PRE at Work!!

B1 and B2

Richo & The Twins
Mar 6, 2007
Seriously is there a better way that B1 and B2 should know about:

Posting & Reading on PRE at Work!!

We have this small problem whenever we take time to read or post our Boss (Slippers) seems to walk through..

To avoid been caught all the time the bananas copy and paste posts and read in OUTLOOK.. It works but a pain in the arse!

With colors BLACK & YELLOW the PRE site is hard too keep open on screen and we cannot make the window any smaller..

So we ask is there a better way we can go about it??

Can we change site color or remove all images?
Can we somehow make it look like an excel Sheet?
Anything? Give us something?

B1 and B2

Sure can! I changed my theme on my profile so when I post at work it's not obvious.

Go to the "profile" tab
>"Account settings"
>>"Modify profile" tab
>>>The third option on the dropdown should be "look and layout"

Then you will see the option change theme, and there are about 4 to choose from.

EDIT: I use the "curve" theme.

easy bananas.

open two windows. 1= PRE, 2= a site that will impress the pants off slippers. Your core business perhaps.

when slippers approaches, a simple click of the tab and you are on task. Slippers passes and you are back to the important stuff.

The online IKEA catalogue seems to work well as a foil with my wife. After a near miss, I will throw in a "darling, a Bloorf would look great in our bathroom" just for effect.

I'm lucky I have 2 monitors at work so I have my real work on monitor one and some open document on monitor 2 then I have PRE on on Internet explorer dragged half way down the second monitor so it can't be easily seen.

tigertim said:
I'm lucky I have 2 monitors at work so I have my real work on monitor one and some open document on monitor 2 then I have PRE on on Internet explorer dragged half way down the second monitor so it can't be easily seen.

I too have this luxury.

Tigertool said:
Sure can! I changed my theme on my profile so when I post at work it's not obvious.

Go to the "profile" tab
>"Account settings"
>>"Modify profile" tab

Then you will see the option change theme, and there are about 4 to choose from.

Damn handy bit of advice. Cheers!

Tigertool said:

Go to the "profile" tab
>"Account settings"
>>"Modify profile" tab

EDIT: I use the "curve" theme.
Hey thanks, this is good too. Takes the "black" out of the page which always looked obvious!

Yes all good with the suggestions but it's when you are fully focused on PRE and you forget whats around you..

Then BANG!! Slippers is right behind you talking to a client and you cannot flick screens because it makes it worse, he's seem you and then you flick.

Bananas want to post FREE of slippers worry.. I want to be able to post and read and he thinks I'm working away on the company project...

Bananas have been caught a few times and we now many face internet closure to the whole floor.. This is really all B1s fault..

Thanks B2

B1 and B2 said:
Yes all good with the suggestions but it's when you are fully focused on PRE and you forget whats around you..

Then BANG!! Slippers is right behind you talking to a client and you cannot flick screens because it makes it worse, he's seem you and then you flick.

Bananas want to post FREE of slippers worry.. I want to be able to post and read and he thinks I'm working away on the company project...

Bananas have been caught a few times and we now many face internet closure to the whole floor.. This is really all B1s fault..

Thanks B2

you need a job in a gen Y ad firm bananas. They'de encourage you to be on PRE for your creativity AND theyde have a big bwl of m&m's in the corner. Slippers has your measure im afraid.

I've been known to post text into notepad to read somewhat discreetly.. you can also compose replies and just paste back in to PRE

If work gets in the way of posting and reading on PRE it's time to snatch the job. Not good enough!

B1 where's the topic gone?
I have to worry about slippers and now i have to worry about finding a topic i started..

B2

:hihi

I've moved it to the technical support section. Hopefully slippers doesn't see! :shhh