Practice Game vs Werribee Sat 24/02 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Practice Game vs Werribee Sat 24/02

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I know everyone is basking in the thumping of the Bumbers in JLT1 but there was an unofficial VFL practice game against stand alone Werribee today.

Full Time Scores us 7:12 - 54 to Werribee 8:1 - 48

Best on Ground by a mile LLoydy. Miles got plenty of the ball. EGG Smith silky down back. Ben Miller showed good signs. Balta only had 2 disposal to half time one a contested mark, did not play after half time had knee iced but don't believe it is anything to worry about. Liam Baker very busy, good little player, if nothing else will be valuable for our VFL squad. Moore best of the forwards but not brilliant. Stengle applied pressure but didn't hit the scoreboard or provide the usual goal assists. Naish not as involved as i would have liked but what he did was classy. CCJ interesting draft selection, a young ruck forward so only a first viewing can mark, ordinary kick missed 2 goals from 30 dead in front. Looked slow when forward and had players running off him.
Bailey Lambert has quite a solid build and showed a bit.
Kyle Weightman is a midget and didn't feature at all.

Goal Scorers:

Moore 2
Lloyd 2
Naish 1
Soldo 1 ?
Miles 1

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
caesar said:
I know everyone is basking in the thumping of the Bumbers in JLT1 but there was an unofficial VFL practice game against stand alone Werribee today.

Best on Ground by a mile LLoydy. Miles got plenty of the ball. EGG Smith silky down back. Ben Miller showed good signs. Balta only had 2 disposal to half time one a contested mark, did not play after half time had knee iced but don't believe it is anything to worry about. Liam Baker very busy, good little player, if nothing else will be valuable for our VFL squad. Moore best of the forwards but not brilliant. Stengle applied pressure but didn't hit the scoreboard or provide the usual goal assists. Naish not as involved as i would have liked but what he did was classy. CCJ interesting draft selection, a young ruck forward so only a first viewing can mark, ordinary kick missed 2 goals from 30 dead in front. Looked slow when forward and had players running off him.

Goal Scorers:

Moore 2
Lloyd 2
Naish 1
Soldo 1 ?
Miles 1

Thanks once again caesar, good to hear Miller went ok. How was Soldo's game?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ice said:

No he only participated in his 1st contact training session on Thursday, so they would want a little bit more work under his belt. Not far away though.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks big C
The young players prolly feeling it after their first preseason
Thats what im hoping it is! Would explain a sluggish ccj.

Were Werribee a mature outfit? Older and wiser than our young crop?
19 scoring shots to 9 indicates we had the majority of the play, is that fair to say?

E

easy_tiger

caesar said:

Goal Scorers:

Moore 2
Lloyd 2
Naish 1
Soldo 1 ?
Miles 1

thanks caesar. Is weightman the kid in the photo of the AFL tigers V VFL tigers on rfc.com, who looks about 13? I thought he mustve won a golden ticket in a zooper dooper to play in the game.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
easy said:
thanks caesar. Is weightman the kid in the photo of the AFL tigers V VFL tigers on rfc.com, who looks about 13? I thought he mustve won a golden ticket in a zooper dooper to play in the game.

Think so, if you click on below link there is a photo of him with Dusty and Flea.

https://www.facebook.com/kyle.weightman

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
tigerguru said:
Thanks for the report caesar, do you know when our next practice match is
Cheers guru

Yep, here is our VFL practice game fixture:

Richmond vs Collingwood 08-Mar-18 6:00 PM Swinburne Centre, Richmond

Richmond vs Northern Blues 22-Mar-18 4:10 PM Swinburne Centre, Richmond

Richmond vs Box Hill Hawks 30-Mar-18 2:00 PM Swinburne Centre, Richmond