PRE 2014 Draft Top 15 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2014 Draft Top 15

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I know its a little early but I would like to see who PRE's think is in the top 15 for this years draft.

To get the ball rolling :

1. Petracca (Saints)
2. McCartin (Dees)
3. Wright (probably Dees)
4. Heeney (Sydney F/S)
5. Durdin
6. Brayshaw
7. Ahern
8. Moore (Collingwood F/S)
9. Laverde
10. DeGoey
11. Pickett
12. Weller
13. Goddard
14. Lamb
15. Cavka (this years Sidebottom bolter)

1. Petracca
2. McCartin
3. Brayshaw
4. Heeney
5. Lever
6. Wright
7. Durdin
8. Moore
9. Laverde
10. Pickett
11. Ahern
12. Weller
13. Goddard
14. Marchbank
15. Duggan

Smokies - Kyle Langford (has the skill set of Bonti so maybe clubs will sit up and take notice)
Peter Bampton (these are the types that make for excellent 2nd rounders, hard and tough inside ball winner in the Parker mould)
Connor Blakely (another in the Parker mould, again if we can nab one with a second rounder then it will make for an excellent draft)
Connor Menadue (silky smooth outside runner who could go as high as top 15, still very light though and hopefully drifts into the second round)

Would be interested to see where others think Tom Lamb would go.

I like this kid.

Would also love Weller at our pick but I think we will miss out.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Would be interested to see where others think Tom Lamb would go.

I like this kid.

Would also love Weller at our pick but I think we will miss out.

Just need to wait for his combine results, if he's got sound aerobic capacity then he may be worth risking a top 20 pick.

bullus_hit said:
Just need to wait for his combine results, if he's got sound aerobic capacity then he may be worth risking a top 20 pick.

Don't think he will go at or before 12 but I like his type.

Would really love an Ahern but his form today will be too hard to ignore for a top 10 pick IMO.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Don't think he will go at or before 12 but I like his type.

Would really love an Ahern but his form today will be too hard to ignore for a top 10 pick IMO.

In the end I think we'll get 1 of Laverde, Ahern, Pickett or Weller, that's a pretty good return. Second rounder will hopefully be one of the tough inside mids, and third round possibly Cavka (although I suspect he'll go in the top 30 pending his sprint times). As for rucks, I really think we should rookie someone like Marc Pittonet, creating competition for Soldo can only be a good thing.

For me

1. Petracca
2. McCartin
3. Brayshaw
4. Heeney
5. Lever
6. Moore
7. Wright
8. Durdin
9. Laverde
10. Pickett
11. Ahern