PRE availability | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE availability

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Has PRE been down lately?
For me, three times over the last week, I have not been able to get on to PRE, each time for a day or so.
The last of the three was the entire weekend just gone.
And each time when it's been back again, there has been no comments on the site as there normally would be when it's been down.
And I can see that there have been posts made over the weekend.

I wondered if it was something at my end so I emailed another PRE'er I know in the US and he couldn't get on either.
Is it something for us ex-pats only?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We flew into Thailand on Saturday and haven't had any trouble, just had to find places with wifi.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
23.21.159 said:
For me, three times over the last week, I have not been able to get on to PRE, each time for a day or so.
And each time when it's been back again, there has been no comments on the site as there normally would be when it's been down.

I wondered if it was something at my end so I emailed another PRE'er I know in the US and he couldn't get on either.

Maybe the CIA, MI6 or ASIO are hacking ya 23 ;D

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
23.21.159 said:

I live abroad mate and I haven't had an issue

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
Yep, I’m in the US & PRE has stopped working through my WIFI. Only works now when I go on via my phone & on roaming data...really weird

I have checked across three different computers & same issue with all of them

Have never had an issue until around 2 weeks ago

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Yes, I still have this problem too.
PRE won't work if I use anything (PC, tablet, phone) that is connected to my main router. No other website has a problem with this router.
But I have a secondary router (connected to a totally different ISP) and that works.
And PRE works fine for me elsewhere (e.g. from my computer at work).

I don't know how all this works but I'm guessing PRE's entry in a certain domain name server is corrupted and if your ISP dictates that you go through that DNS, you'll have the problem.