PRE Positions on EGM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE Positions on EGM

tigertime

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 29, 2004
1) Call an EGM and clean them all out.

2) Don't call an EGM, let an alternative ticket present itself.

3) Dont call an EGM, we need stability.

4) Stick to fat. Go danny & casey.

1* I am strongly for point 1 simply because I believe that the only way we will get representation from all past players and interested parties genuinely interested in the clubs future is if we clean the slate and open the board up to everyone. The members will have complete say over who is elected. We may see tiger greats like Bartlett return knowing that the club is for the members.

2* I am strongly opposed to this option simply because it will just lead to another political party taking control of the club. We had this with Casey. Everyone was excited. But it turned out that he had no idea. The members will have no say. This hasnt worked in the past 20 years.

3* Stability. This is what led Miller to renew Frawleys contract and take out the performance clause. Blind adherence leads to mediocrity. I believe this infatuation with the need for stability is why we are at the bottom of the ladder. The only way to achieve stability is by having the best people at richmond from top down. I believe the EGM is the way to achieve this. I understand Millers position, but I suspect they had a cleanout at North Melbourne before real change could take place or they had a solid foundation to begin with. We dont have that.

4* Good luck to supporters with this view.