Preliminary Final Week 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preliminary Final Week 2021

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I reckon port choked big time. Dogs just played pretty regulation footy. I'm quite surprised anyone would get that excited.
Melbourne by 8 goals in the gf
Yep was saying to Dees supporter today. Lions should have really won that final and they are *smile*.

Feb 25, 2007
I reckon port choked big time. Dogs just played pretty regulation footy. I'm quite surprised anyone would get that excited.
Melbourne by 8 goals in the gf

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the dogs win. As oldie said cats were worse. Dogs have the running power and foot skills to take it right up to the dees.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
You may be right Snake but Geelong were worse than Port from what I saw.
I may also be wrong. I can't remember seeing such a look of fear in the faces of a footy team as Port. Dogs got a couple of goals and they shat themselves. Hesitant, scared footy, nobody going for the footy, nobody running, It was like night of the living dead. For me dogs played competent, regulation finals footy and met a side that got the fear. Melbourne were indomitable.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Wow 10 goal lead at half time.

I can see Port falling off a bit of a cliff from here too. They loaded up to win a premiership and I don't think they'll be doing it with this list.

Their best players are getting older, they need some element of a little rebuild also (nothing like what the Cats need to do though).

Look at their best players.
Gray - 33
Boak - 33
Dixon - 30
Jonas - 30

Much like the Cats, I don't see Port being as good next year
Dixon is a fraud and not in any teams list of best players. Never ever plays well when it matters. Gets a game because he is big and athletic.
Ports best players are younger, they won’t fall off a cliff like Geelong but they’ve got some mental demons to overcome now.
And surely Gray was injured he’s never played that poorly in his life.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
His attack on the ball, his run and positioning for a mark, reminded of the great Royce
He’s got great hands. But he needs a clear run and jump, he’s not a body player. Doubt he gets such an easy time of it next game. But geez if he gets a run and jump he attacks that ball in the air. Unlike key frauds like Dixon and Daniher.

momentai

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
He’s got great hands. But he needs a clear run and jump, he’s not a body player. Doubt he gets such an easy time of it next game. But geez if he gets a run and jump he attacks that ball in the air. Unlike key frauds like Dixon and Daniher.
Comparing him to Royce is a compliment which goes too far, but Royce used to fly in from the back and from either side also.
Makes it very hard to defend without blocking at a distance from the ball.
We saw that same ability against PA.
I don’t see Lever holding him in the G.
Rance with his speed and focus on the ball could have but few others.
Noah also has the speed and strength, but suspect he may play forward next year.