Problem regarding the live scores on afl.com | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Problem regarding the live scores on afl.com

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
I can't seem to get any live scores on afl.com
It's my computer because i can get them on my laptop but when i use my desktop i can't.

I know a fair bit about computers but i can't seem to figure it out, i use mozilla firefox & Internet explorer both give same result.

Maybe i need a plugin of somesort?

Any ideas much appriecatied.

Having same problem and have lowered my security settings

No matches on so I can't tell if it worked

Let us know if you fix it

If you are running XP then it has a pop up blocker under privacy in options which can also affect this

Tried the Macromedia and it wasn't that

Had same problem on other desktop computer

But the laptop went on when pop ups were allowed

The desktops have pop up stoppers with lots of programmes

Nortons XP Yahoo MSN etc etc

Kids just allow everything to load :mad:

Yeah it was the pop up stoppers

Nortons on one computer and Google task bar on the other

Cool new look site 8)

I have the latest version of Macromedia Flash Version 7 installed and it still doesnt work.

Someone told me that if you dont have telstra broadband, you cant view the live scores.

I just spent some time looking into this because I wanted to watch some of last Sunday's game.  The FAQ states:

Q: How do I access audio / video subscriber content on the site?
A: All users of the afl.com.au site will be able to access live radio broadcasts of AFL Premiership matches this year by going to afl.com.au and clicking on the Live Audio link within the Around the Grounds – Live Scores & Stats yellow box during game time. If you do not have an existing AFLTN subscription package, then in order to access other audio and video subscriber content you will need to be a BigPond Broadband (ie Cable, ADSL, and Satellite) or a BigPond ISDN subscriber. (If located outside Australia, you will need to take up the annual Multimedia subscription package

I don't have Telstra bigpond and I use the live score service all the time.  Sometimes it can be a bit slow which I guess is the server under fairly heavy load.  But basically it works fine and this year it's pretty good actually.  There are nice features like the ground map that illustrates the most recent goal.

So...technical difficulties aside, you should be able to view live scores.  The video content is a different matter, Tel$tra seem to have that locked down (boo)

hope that helps

The livescores is accessible from the link at the top left of the AFL main page whenever there's a game on. You need to have the Flash plugin for it to work as that's what it's been implemented as. Note that this is *totally* separate from the "paid" content provided elsewhere on the AFL/Telstra site.

To correct the uninformed, livescore *is* accessible to everyone. You must allow popups for it to work though. It works regardless of what browser you use, or what OS you run. Personally, I run Firefox on Linux and it's OK. So give it another go whenever there's a match on and I hope you like what you see.

Oh, and I do have a personal interest in making sure it all works. ;)
Fudge

>>Mr._LaNcEr_EvO_8<< said:
I can't seem to get any live scores on afl.com
It's my computer because i can get them on my laptop but when i use my desktop i can't.

I know a fair bit about computers but i can't seem to figure it out, i use mozilla firefox & Internet explorer both give same result.

Maybe i need a plugin of somesort?

Any ideas much appriecatied.

I had the same problem and it is to do with security settings and pop ups.

in IE go to internet options, security tab. You will see there are 4 options - one is trusted sites. Click on sites and add in afl.com.au

It seems to work for me now.