Puma Gear | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Puma Gear

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
This will quickly get moved to the off field board but I chose to post it here as it will resonate with many people who waited months for their apparel. Quite humorous and ironic in hindsight.

Anyway have just started re-reading Yellow & Black and came across a paragraph on page 21, part of what it said was:

They all sit patiently through a presentation from new apparel sponsor Puma, explaining the gear that they will wear. They are also locally made , says the spokesman, with a quick turnaround to satisfy the marketplace: "So if you guys get on a run, and fans come out of the woodwork, we can respond"

Not sure they quite delivered on their promise ;D

Question is has it been Puma or the club's warehouse companies that have been the problem? The Puma gear seems to have been everywhere except the Richmond Football Club.

Tigers of Old said:
Question is has it been Puma or the club's warehouse companies that have been the problem? The Puma gear seems to have been everywhere except the Richmond Football Club.

Fair point raised.

Tigers of Old said:

The problem is that the 2 guys who actually own the AFL trade mark ( brought it from Crag Kelly ) have full control of where their product goes and have done the RFC over.
Dan Richardson who worked with these guys from ESPN? knew how the whole merchandising system worked and should have been far more proactive and demanding of them.
They effectively gave priority to AFL stores and other retailers and fed us crumbs. Cost us money and goodwill. Hopefully they've learnt from this

caesar said:
This will quickly get moved to the off field board but I chose to post it here as it will resonate with many people who waited months for their apparel.

Correct. It can resonate here just as well....it is also more likely to be read by the powers to be here. If you want to make a case for a single homogenised board for all topics feel free to do so on the Suggestions board. It would make my life easier. I'm busy enough without people deliberately not using appropriate boards. :)

Blind Turn said:
The problem is that the 2 guys who actually own the AFL trade mark ( brought it from Crag Kelly ) have full control of where their product goes and have done the RFC over.
Dan Richardson who worked with these guys from ESPN? knew how the whole merchandising system worked and should have been far more proactive and demanding of them.
They effectively gave priority to AFL stores and other retailers and fed us crumbs. Cost us money and goodwill. Hopefully they've learnt from this

That's disappointing BT, there may be another Premiership but not one like this, after 37 years everything just exploded. This is the Goose that laid the Golden Egg and we must cash in, any hiccup no matter how small is a missed opportunity.

Blind Turn said:

I want to buy a 2018 clash guernsey but they've sold out at the club. No *firetrucking* way I'll give money to the Official Online AFL Store, who seem to be the only place with any for sale at the moment. Any news on when the club will be restocked?

Superstore had plenty of home, clash and ANZAC jumpers tonight, just fyi. And it was doing a solid amount of business. So good to see our off field success rolling along with the on field.