Punt Road Members forum | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt Road Members forum

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
That raises another point. Bring back the end of season family day. Why was it stopped? Wasn't from lack of attendance that's for sure.

Maybe cos they didn't make a fortune from it. Club functions seem geared towards the affluent now.
Give something back to the grass roots fans.

Kids pie nights that cost a weeks salary....pffffftttttt. :mad:

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I agree catering for jsut the more affluent supporters is a disgrace. Richmond should be one united football club that caters for all fans from all socio economic backgrounds. Now I have no problem with having an expensive B&F night, it is one of the bigger nights for the club and hte club would no doubt make a fair bit of cash for it, but somehitng like Rosy mentioned end of year family day or something aroundthe same time would be good. This is all supporters club, not jsut the riches club.

I agree $60
= for a kid to attend a pie night is ridiculous.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
That raises another point. Bring back the end of season family day. Why was it stopped?

Ask our former CEO Mr Brayshaw he put a stop to them.

Walster

I am Walstero the most beautiful man in the world
Aug 13, 2003
I dont see why broady footy club has to have all the fun. Whats wrong with sausage sizzle/pie night type family day B&F count. The hobnob corporates can still have their nights but its the mum amd dad plus 2.5 kids that stick with the club through thick and thin! do the corporates? Hawthorn are on the right track with the "Family club" type theme I reckon Richmond should go with a "grass roots supporter club". Real People Real Footy what a joke.
The Melbourne Town Hall stalls will provide an excellent view of the entire event, you'll receive a snack box containing sandwiches, chips and water, as well as an impressive Dyer Medal cap. All this at a cost of just $50 for adults and $25 for children. There will be a cash bar available at the side of the stalls, too.
This is for the B&F this year. Are these fools fair dinkum. Give the club back to the supporters. Richmond was born a working class club in a working class suburb and its time to get back to those roots.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Koalalill said:
rosy3 said:
That raises another point. Bring back the end of season family day. Why was it stopped?

Ask our former CEO Mr Brayshaw he put a stop to them.

I'd prefer to ask the people in charge now. Brayshaw had the right to put a stop to them, the current admin have the power to put a start to them again.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
I'd prefer to ask the people in charge now. Brayshaw had the right to put a stop to them, the current admin have the power to put a start to them again.

100% agree but those in charge now may not realise how popular they were and still would be.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Was it stopped or just moved? I went to the pre-season Family Day which was pretty good. Seems to me that this is the best time to have it, rather than after an ordinary season when everyone's moved on. Obviously if we played in a GF, I'm sure there'd be one on the Sunday come what may.

Or did we used to have two? I can't remember.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Used to have two Deano. The day after the grand final, and jumper presentation in March.

From my experience both were very popular and well attended.

I think there is room for both.

The first for the club to discuss the season that's been with the fans and a chance for everyone to say goodbye to footy friends etc.

The second to share hope for the new season.

A wake and an awakening. ;D

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
I think there is room for both.

The first for the club to discuss the season that's been with the fans and a chance for everyone to say goodbye to footy friends etc.

The second to share hope for the new season.

A wake and an awakening. ;D

Should have both and need to have both IMO.

I think your reasons Rosy are spot on

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha Tiggy, great minds think alike. I actually double checked that one in the dictionary because I'd thought the same thing. ;D