Question for the old(er) timers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Question for the old(er) timers

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Sorry for all this memorabilia stuff but can anyone confirm Ricky Maclean's old number was that no 36??

Tenacious Tiges

Apr 11, 2003
The Boss said:
TT - Ricky Mclean wore 31

Bossman either you've got all the facts in front of you or you're bloody amazing. Thanks

Ricky was another crazy Tiger, back when we used to be Tenacious just like the banner they used to drape along the bottom of the top tier of the old Southern Stand.

Carn the bloody Tiges fire up!!!!!!!!!!!

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
From the 1980's you forgot ....

Tim Gepp who joined us in 1983 and wore number 10.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I also forgot another true champion and premiership player who wore Number 44 - Darryl Freame, what a superstar!!!!!

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
The Boss said:
I also forgot another true champion and premiership player who wore Number 44 - Darryl Freame, what a superstar!!!!!

Epitomises 30 seconds of fame I reckon

hungry1

eat em alive tigers
Apr 4, 2003
melbourne
This one will test The Boss. What about our great mate Richard Lounder picked up in the 1987 draft at No. 1 and played 4 games. Anyone remember his number??

Interesting little side info on that draft...we also picked up Benny Gale at No.27. Stephen Tingay would have been pretty handy...went at No. 50.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Hey Boss Go easy on Wally LOVETT. I used to play footy with him in the Western Border Football League.

Thought there were many others who would have made it before him as he was small, but had skill and absolutely blistering pace.

Remember doing 20 metre sprints and he would beat me by 10. (not that that is saying much). probably beat me by 20 these days.

Tenacious Tiges

Apr 11, 2003
I thought BT wore No 6 at Richmond as well as at Collywobblesville. Not 100% sure though.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Brian Taylor wore number 21

as for what he wore at the Pies ..... who cares ;D

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Correct The boss.
He used to run the castle hotel in nth. melb. back in the 90sBryan was a nice chap and they had a few richmond functions there and he got me to meet all the players.
TI got introduced to that fast aboriginal player from wa .
Now what was his name? (can't remember)
The Gale brothers were very approachable -nice blokes .
I got Richo to get on my drumkit one night lol.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I used to go to The Castle also, Leysy was a nice bloke.It was a good place to meet all the Tiger players. The aboriginal player you are referring to is possibly Michael Mitchell, now this bloke was an excitement machine, Sadly his career ended prematurely after doing his knee, we could do with a player like that now.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Hmmm.... Michael Mitchell - number 7 I recall

And goal of the year at the SCG and could have mark of the year with some of those screamers he took ;)

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
The goal of the year was a 7 bounce effort wasnt it? I think if memory is true... that was the same game he took that one handed screamer and walked away with mark and goal of the year from an afternoons work.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
The goal was against Sydney at the SCG, the last game of the season. Took the ball from half back, had 7 bounces, ran past a few players and kicked the goal.
The one handed screamer was against Fitzroy earlier that season, he took it right it front of us (in the red seats of the Northern stand). Apparently, he and Nicky Winmar would make bets as to who would take the most screamers!!
He took a mark in WA prior to coming to Richmond where he literally stood on a guys back. He was a very exciting player I wish we had another like him now.