Quotations | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Quotations

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
"Its not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whos face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause, who, at best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat........" Theodore Roosevelt

Well said Teddy.

Another one from Roosevelt

“A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.”

Streak said:
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Han Solo

Ahh yes Streaker very nice work. :clap

"Your Gonna Need A Bigger Boat " chief Martin Brody - Jaws

willo said:
"Its not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whos face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause, who, at best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat........" Theodore Roosevelt

Well said Teddy.

Maybe the Tigers can put that on the door of their rooms instead of HURT

images

'Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.'

Freezer said:
images

'Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.'

:hihi :hihi .... classic stuff

"I am a Sagittarius...the most philosophical of all the signs...but I don't believe in that *smile*. I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames!"

Jim Morrison live on stage. Heh heh heh....the way he says it is classic stuff.

Redford said:
"I am a Sagittarius...the most philosophical of all the signs...but I don't believe in that *smile*. I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole sh!thouse goes up in flames!"

Jim Morrison live on stage. Heh heh heh....the way he says it is classic stuff.

As the Guru from the Coodabeens would once have said re your quote Redders.

"I think there is something in that for all of us " :)

Think Jim may have been on to somthing as apart from the things we know he was on ;)

Morrison is a quote machine:

"Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts."

"Drugs are a bet with your mind. "

"Actually I don't remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs."

“I wouldn't mind dying in a plane crash. It'd be a good way to go. I don't want to die in my sleep, or of old age, or OD...I want to feel what it's like. I want to taste it, hear it, smell it. Death is only going to happen to you once; I don't want to miss it.”

"Beware of all enterprises that require a new set of clothes." Henry Thoreau

'I was going along okay, when Marshall trotted down the wicket a few extra steps and called out "Boonie, I know this is your first test match, but are you going to do the right thing and get out or do I have to come around the wicket and kill you?' I think this is what they call a rhetorical question"

D. Boon, 1984