Ramapaging Richo's President and Vice Pres report | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ramapaging Richo's President and Vice Pres report

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I thought that as we are over the third way marke of the season, I would give you all a summary of how I think my 2 boys are going.

President - Greg Tivendale
After a poor outing against Collingwood, Greg has showed on a consistent basis what he is capable of with some solid games mixed in with a few fantastic games. His efforts against the Bullies and Saints were sensational with him using his pace and delivery to advantage. He has even added the knack of taking a contested mark in the backline to hie repitoire.

His fitness and strength appear to improved on last year, which has given him a bit more confidence to run on to contests, and be more physical in the contests.

His kicking out from goal has been great, to the point that I can't remember him missing a target, and quite often drilling a kick on to a tiger chest when it would have been beyond everybody else.

His goalkicking has been down this year, but mainly for the fact he is playing more in the backhalf. I don't mind this as he has the ability to set up attack running out the back 50. But I still like to see him dob one on the run from 50. It lifts the entire team and whips the tiger fans into a frenzy.

Overall, Greg is one player who has really benefitted from having kane johnson in the team, as it means he will get a lesser opponent as a tagger.

His poor game against Port still underlines his inability to turn it on when needed against really good sides

So far I would give Greg a 6.5/10. ;D ;D

Vice President - Rory Hilton
I didn't know what to expect with Rory making a comeback from a major shoulder injury. Well so far, Rory has been disappointing to say the least.

I don't think it is endeavour, attack on the ball, motivation or any of those intangibles, I just think Rory is trying to hard when he gets the ball, and been too hard on himself when he makes a mistake.

I may be wrong, but I have watched him closely, and he is trying his backside off, but the ball doesn't seem to bouncing his way.

However his kicking has been a real worry. He has missed an inordinate amount of targets, with some getting nowhere near the intended played. Once again, I think this comes back to his confidence and the fact he is trying to nail blokes on the chest from 40 meters rather than just kick it in the general direction with the advantage to our player.

He was forced to play a much taller role than equipped for since Rd 2, which I think has sapped his confidence. But I saw some real improvement against the Bummers and Dees. Also, the attitude that he was struggling but was determined to guts it out and fight every contest.

With players returning in the next few weeks to fill key posts, I would expect Rory to return to positions that are more comfortable to him.

In short, Rory is a highly skilled player who is down on form and confidence, but it giving it his all to turn it around. Lets hope it is sooner rather than later as if we can get Rory up and running we will be a tough team to knock off.

Rory gets a 4/10 hopefully with a bullet to mid 7's.

Rampaging Richo OUT

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Good stuff RR. Did you read on my Mark Chaffey Pres report that Tivva is rated 24 overall in the HearldSun rankings?
I think Tivva's in fine form but that surprised me a bit.
Onya Tiv a bit of a secret weapon, if they leave him unchecked he's a very dangerous player.

I am in the process of putting a list together of who are the officials for each pplayer, then hopefully at the half way point of the season everyone who wants to might give a report on how their charges are going.

Any takers for Kingy yet?

Can be serious, silly, poetic or whatever anyone chooses.

Stay tuned. 8)

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Good idea Rosy. As Stafford's president, I'll be taking full credit for his good form. It's been hard work counselling the big man before and after games, paying off the tribunal, dealing with stalkers and so on. I was rapt with the way he carried out my plan on Everitt. But more about that later...

RR, I agree with your assessments, although I think Tiva deserves more than 6.5... say, 7 - 7.5.