SABS Virus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SABS Virus

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Thousands of Richmond supporters are reporting symptoms of the long dormant SABS Virus.

"I thought we were going to win. Let me repeat that: I thought we were going to win," said Tiger fan Christopher Pye after Richmond's glorious hard-fought win over Melbourne on Saturday night, "And we did."

These verbal expressions of confidence or optimism, which are usually accompanied by wide smile and spritely walk, are unmistakable symptoms of Severe Acute Belief Syndrome, or SABS Virus as it is commonly known.

Statement such as those made by Pye mean that SABS has struck down another Richmond fan. The Virus has been spreading like wildfire since the Essendon victory, after 23 fans displayed the symptoms after the respectable injury-depleted away loss to Port Adelaide. All over the country, Tigers supporters are actually beginning to believe that the team is going to win. Brian Nguen commented, "On my way to the 'G a bloke on the tram asked me how I thought we'd go. And you know what? I told him it was in the bag - and I meant it."

The medical fraternity was initially concerned before the match against Essendon, when a small number of fans arrived at the game displaying all the signs of Belief that a black and yellow triumph was in the offing. But it was the huge number of cases reported this last week that has had them on the verge of declaring an unprecedented emergency.

Puntroad.com has also been hit hard by the Virus, and have been operating with a skeleton staff of 1 after all other writers and editors were hospitalised on Sunday.

Apart from two small outbreaks in 1995 and 2001 which were quickly controlled by the authorities, you have to go back as far as the very early 80s to find evidence of SABS amongst Richmond fans. Back then Belief was a chronic Richmond condition, but it was controlled by large amounts of the VB vaccine - now not readily available at AFL grounds.

"The current vaccine available at the grounds simply doesn't have the strength to deal with an outbreak of this scale," said immuno-virologist Doctor Carleton Brewster. "In the 1970s Richmond supporters would have 8 to 10 cans of the VB vaccine and SABS was kept in check."

Dr Brewster and his team are extremely concerned about the situation facing the football community. "The seriousness of SABS cannot be overstated. Let me put this in context for you. Richmond are playing West Coast at Subiaco next week, and yet over half the fans Believe they are going to win, and they all reckon they're in with a show. This is Subiaco were talking about, 'The House of Pain'. This is the worst case of SABS I have witnessed in 20 years of medicine."

For those Richmond supporters who are yet to contract SABS you are advised to wrap a black and yellow scarf tightly around your face and neck and get along to a game.

from www.puntroad.com

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAOOO!!!! If we beat West coast I think we'll have an epidemic on our hands.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
There are reasons that make it impossible to catch the virus. And being severely beaten by the Richmond negative stick for up to 20+ years means the chances of some supporters catching SABS in the foreseeable future are minimal, if not downright impossible. (And they know who they are).

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Hahahhaa! 20 years of immunisation will certainly help guard agaisnt the virus, but if we do them over in Perth this week, it will test the resolve of any tiger fan.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Richo has taken a mark on the half forward flank. Richmond need a goal to seal the game. And Falstafford has been taken off with a ruinious knee injury. Halt, prithee listen to what unfolds at the ex-Ponsford Stand end.

RICHO
Come, brother Johnson; full bravely hast thou gather'd
possessions in the middle.

SUGAR KANE JOHNSON
And none soft! whom have we here?
Did you not tell me this big man's knee was busted?

RICHO
I did; I saw it bend,
Backwards and bleeding on the replay. Art
thou an ACL?
Or is it a camera angle that plays upon our eyesight?
I prithee, speak; we will not trust our eyes
Without our ears: thou art not what thou seem'st.

(Enter Falstafford)
FALSTAFFORD
No, that's certain; I am not double jointed: but I
only hyper-extended my knee. There is no reconstruction:
If our Spud will do me any honour, so; if not, let
him mark the next kick himself. I look to be either
full forward or ruck, I can assure you.

RICHO
Why, your knee. It did double back on itself. I saw it myself.

FALSTAFFORD
Didst thou? Richo Richo, how this world is given to
camera angles! I grant you I was down and out of breath;
and so was my knee: but I rose both at an instant and
hobbled off to get patched up. If I may be
believed, so; if not, let them that should reward
valour bear the sin upon their own heads. I'll take
it upon my death, the doc gave me an injection in the
thigh: if the pain were alive, I would deny it,
geez, I would that I could taste that stuff everyday.

SUGAR KANE JOHNSON
This is the strangest tale that ever I heard.

RICHO
This is the strangest fellow, brother Johnson.
Come, bring yourself nobly to the goal square:
For my part, if my kick may shank of the side,
I'll leave it to thou to grab and goal.

Richo's kick shanks off the side, but Falstafford marks at the top of the goal square.
Rex Hunt starts singing like a fat lady

The Burbbler sounds retreat; the day is ours.
Come, brother, let us to the highest of the MCG
To see whether Falstaff can slot it.

Exeunt RICHO and SUGAR

FALSTAFFORD
I'll follow through, as they say, for reward. He that
rewards me, God reward him! If I do grow great,
I'll grow less; for I'll jump and take a mark, and
kick cleanly as a forward should do.

Falstafford goes back and kick it, Tiges win by 9 points.

another from the same site. Go have a look some fantastic parodies there

Lets Roar

Khan

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Aghhh my god. I escaped the SARS Virus in Vietnam only to return home to Oz on holidays to catch the dreaded SABS Virus.

Been wondering what it was and the VB antidote didn't kill it either.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAOO, I'm getting queasy looking at it myself. Don't worry, I'll ditch it in a day or two. Damn, I fear I may never look at a pair of breasts the same way again!

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I can confirm that like Ebola, SABS is an airborne virus, and is particulaly active in the bullring bar in the MCC.

I am pretty sure I caught it there ;D