Rating the Superhunks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rating the Superhunks

Rate the Superhunks (for football ability, or hunkiness)-

• Gibcus

Votes: 39 78.0%
  • Brown

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Sonsie

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Banks

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Juddy

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • MRJ

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
How are these Superhunks!

Need to add Cumbo to the list, Jack. Not a classical beauty, but Sean Penn bagged Madonna.
The Superhunks are all first year players except MoJu who I think of as first year. And Dimma recently described as “effectively first year”.

I didn’t foresee the Cumberland turning into Gary Ablett thing. He is a debutant 2022. Hmm…

I think it’s enough that he’s noted as erroneously and feloniously overlooked in the myopic OP. And that he is truly a Superhunk.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
"Sam Banks .... they tell me he's going to be an absolute star. Might not be in 2023 but he will be one of the best players at Richmond in the next decade."

- Adam Cooney.

Go to 7:30 min mark:

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Godcus. Juddy. The Sonz. MoJu. Banksy. Browneye. Superhunks all. Cumbo (the Sean Penn of Superhunks).

Did we rest on our laurels? Pig's arse we did!

Seth Campbell. What a hunk! Kaleb Smith. Makes a moon boot look like the latest fashion accessory. Do they come in omigodimcumming? Samson has a new haircut and even newer shoulders. I may faint. Are we running a football club or a George Michael video? With all the screaming teenage girls clawing at the cyclone fence it's a wonder caesar can concentrate on his training report. Harry Styles is auditioning to be one of our back-up dancers.

Hrrggghnnfh.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Judson is now ranked at 1 in the group for potential output this year at AFL level.

Sonsie will get in as well, I reckon around rounds 4 or 5.

The rest, longshots to impact this year.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Not to put too much pressure on the superhunks but we are nearly two years in and not a single one of them has cracked it for a rising star nomination yet.

5 picks inside the top 30 should be doing better.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Not to put too much pressure on the superhunks but we are nearly two years in and not a single one of them has cracked it for a rising star nomination yet.

5 picks inside the top 30 should be doing better.
Gibcus got massively dudded on a nomination.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Bump.

Said it earlier, the 21 draft was a huge strategic move for us, and a very smart and gutsy move. I said it at the time, sides in the blockhole of the premiership window do not generally go to the draft. Just because its a good plan doesn't necessarily mean its gunna work. I also said at the time while of course the club, and all us fans, were hoping for a full house, a pair of 8s would be a win and anything beyond a bonus. 1 good player and one, maybe two decent players is about on the money or a bit better than par. Its looking like around that, but still hard to make a clear call.

Gibcus looks the goods, injury is unfortunate. The rest have shown a bit, hopefully a couple make it, but not all will.

Reactions: 6 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Bump.

Said it earlier, the 21 draft was a huge strategic move for us, and a very smart and gutsy move. I said it at the time, sides in the blockhole of the premiership window do not generally go to the draft. Just because its a good plan doesn't necessarily mean its gunna work. I also said at the time while of course the club, and all us fans, were hoping for a full house, a pair of 8s would be a win and anything beyond a bonus. 1 good player and one, maybe two decent players is about on the money or a bit better than par. Its looking like around that, but still hard to make a clear call.

Gibcus looks the goods, injury is unfortunate. The rest have shown a bit, hopefully a couple make it, but not all will.

It depends on what metric you gauge that they "make it". What is "making it"? 100 games? 50?

Personally I reckon all 5 of them will hit 50 games without a problem. Whether they can push on and make 100, well the opportunities will be there for them over the coming season. Sonz weirdly enough has gone from top 2 to my biggest worry about whether he'll make it.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Bump.

Making it about games played is a base metric only as playing 50-100 in an ordinary side is very different than becoming a widely recognised good player.

Also need a sprinkling of luck in all list rebuilds. We’ve had some with good pick ups in Tresize, Young and perhaps Coulthard

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bump.

I get some confidence with the cameo that Brown showed on debut. Banks has good scope and Clarke has shown a bit at times, Gibcus with luck with his body will be a 200 gamer. The Sonz has the potential to be a 200 gamer too, I just hope he wants to be an AFL player.
Reckon there's good chance at least 3 of them will go on with it, if 4 of them do we will have really nailed it.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I get some confidence with the cameo that Brown showed on debut. Banks has good scope and Clarke has shown a bit at times, Gibcus with luck with his body will be a 200 gamer. The Sonz has the potential to be a 200 gamer too, I just hope he wants to be an AFL player.
Reckon there's good chance at least 3 of them will go on with it, if 4 of them do we will have really nailed it.

How about all 5? :D :D Whats better than nailing it? Slaughtering it?

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Another season gone and no rising star nominations. That makes three of the last four years for those at home keeping count.

If we are being honest, none of us would have expected to have zero rising star nominations from 5 picks inside 30 two years on.

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Another season gone and no rising star nominations. That makes three of the last four years for those at home keeping count.

If we are being honest, none of us would have expected to have zero rising star nominations from 5 picks inside 30 two years on.
Don’t get hung up on the rising star award. Remember Lewis Taylor won it once. Other notable recent winner Jaidyn Stephenson

Reactions: 6 users