RD 15 Crowds Update | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RD 15 Crowds Update

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I think people are overreacting a little bit. sure, 25,000 is low. It probably means I miss out on a ticket for Friday (after my conversation with the club yesterday). But at our next home game in 2 weeks, it’ll probably be 50,000-60,000. And hopefully no more outbreaks means a full house by September.
While another outbreak of an unstoppable flu virus will probably see Perf or Radalayde hosting this years Granny.

Feb 25, 2007
Not according to the email I got. It’s a free for all AFL members.

Just read my email (pasted a snippet below) I'm not happy about this. So it seems it was just too hard for them to implement what they did early this year (competing club members first). I still reckon we'll get tickets as the main game that AFL members (non competing) will want to see Is Ess V Dees
Plus the rain should also keep people away (I'm hoping), as I only want tiger and saints fans there.

"Given the short turn-around time to this weekend’s matches, there will be no competing club member priority access for Round 15 matches.
All AFL Members, irrespective of their nominated club of support, will have access at the same time, in the one on-sale window. More information on-sales can be found above".

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
I know it's off-topic but important news, for those who don't venture into the membership thread, big announcement today.

• Love

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
"Given the short turn-around time to this weekend’s matches, there will be no competing club member priority access for Round 15 matches.
All AFL Members, irrespective of their nominated club of support, will have access at the same time, in the one on-sale window. More information on-sales can be found above".

Geez, do they track AFL members' affiliations on index cards? What a pathetic excuse.

DS

Feb 25, 2007
Geez, do they track AFL members' affiliations on index cards? What a pathetic excuse.

DS

What annoys me is, the AFL knew we were in 2 weeks lockdown, Vic teams away for 3-4 weeks playing interstate. Surely they knew the lockdown would end a lot faster than last year due to the low number of cases. So one would think there would be some forward planning to immediately introduce competing teams only to buy tickets because you would have to be incompetent if you didn't think crowd restrictions wouldn't be in place by the gov once games returned to Vic.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What annoys me is, the AFL knew we were in 2 weeks lockdown, Vic teams away for 3-4 weeks playing interstate. Surely they knew the lockdown would end a lot faster than last year due to the low number of cases. So one would think there would be some forward planning to immediately introduce competing teams only to buy tickets because you would have to be incompetent if you didn't think crowd restrictions wouldn't be in place by the gov once games returned to Vic.

Forward planning . . . anticipating what is most likely to happen . . . the AFL?

Surely you jest.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Won't be surprised if there's a last minute call to have no crowds tomorrow.....maybe not but won't be surprised given latest events.