Rd 5 V Footascray | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rd 5 V Footascray

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I watched bits and pieces. From what I saw, Stengle looks ready for AFL, so classy and CCJ took some good marks up forward. Bit hard to see much else though

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
BrisTiger24 said:
I watched bits and pieces. From what I saw, Stengle looks ready for AFL, so classy and CCJ took some good marks up forward. Bit hard to see much else though

We should get some AFL games into CCJ later this season. This kid is something to watch.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There’s no doubt Stengel is ahead of Bolton for a call-up

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Not much from Ellis or Ellis that I saw.

Agree. Pretty disappointing really. :-\

Thought Chol played ok but made some errors. Menadue also sporadic. C Moore & Soldo struggled more than recent weeks.
Garthwaite & Stengle the brightest lights for mine.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
TigerForce said:
We should get some AFL games into CCJ later this season. This kid is something to watch.

There is no chance of CCJ getting AFL games this season. He is nowhere near ready albeit showing some positive traits. What's the hurry, plenty to work with but plenty of work for him still to do and a big pre-season required to get near the level.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Not much from Ellis or Ellis that I saw.

I think you will find CEllis will be in our best 5? had 25 possessions. I am not saying he starred but who did, it was a tight hard fought contested game. Should have won, bad kicking and 2 men down for basically 3 quarters, (Ben Miller, concussion and Drummo , hammy).

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Goal Kickers: T. Silvestro 2, S. Bolton 2, C. Menadue, M. Chol, T. Stengle, A. Miles, R. Hayward
Best Players: B. Wood, A. Miles, T. Silvestro, R. Garthwaite, S. Bolton

So, Corey not named in best and I didn't notice him much (I only saw the second half) but the footage was soft focus and the commentary not illuminating either.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Goal Kickers: T. Silvestro 2, S. Bolton 2, C. Menadue, M. Chol, T. Stengle, A. Miles, R. Hayward

So, Corey not named in best and I didn't notice him much (I only saw the second half) but the footage was soft focus and the commentary not illuminating either.

Fair enough, Miles named in best had 29 disposals, CEllis wasn't had 25 so wasn't far off it. Corey lacking a yard could be his undoing not his hardness that a lot here were concerned about.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

B. Wood? Is Bryan making a comeback?

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

The lighting was so poor it was virtually unwatchable, not up to AFL/VFL standard. So why was it permitted?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
caesar said:
There is no chance of CCJ getting AFL games this season. He is nowhere near ready albeit showing some positive traits. What's the hurry, plenty to work with but plenty of work for him still to do and a big pre-season required to get near the level.

Yeah I know, but if possible, maybe just 1 or 2 during junk time part of season. Testing the waters a bit.