Re: Bachar Houli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Bachar Houli

HKTiger

Tiger Rookie
Sep 25, 2004
Eddie was in Turkey at Gallipoli. Bit hard even for him to be in 2 places at once.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
HKTiger said:
Eddie was in Turkey at Gallipoli. Bit hard even for him to be in 2 places at once.

He could have yelled it over skype?

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
I'd guess they would be crackers to say something like this.

Same thing got Dean Jones sacked. Although he said it on air, inadvertently.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
1 The comment was not spoken to Bachar
2 It was overheard outside a room conducting a media function
3 The person hasn't been named, Why?
4 Is it a smoke screen to distract the media and protect Hardwick?

Why didn't the RFC conduct a through investigation before leaking the story to the media?

newyorktiger

Last Year
yandb said:
1 The comment was not spoken to Bachar
2 It was overheard outside a room conducting a media function
3 The person hasn't been named, Why?
4 Is it a smoke screen to distract the media and protect Hardwick?

Why didn't the RFC conduct a through investigation before leaking the story to the media?

DO you have theories on J F K, Holt, Lincoln, Jesus and 9-11 too?

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
NY I got a chuckle out of your post and yes I would agree it does come across as a conspiracy theory but I am great believer that nothing happens by accident when it comes to the media these days

If "after" the investigation the media personality is found to have denigrated Bachar then that person should be dealt with accordingly

newyorktiger

Last Year
yandb said:
NY I got a chuckle out of your post and yes I would agree it does come across as a conspiracy theory but I am great believer that nothing happens by accident when it comes to the media these days

If "after" the investigation the media personality is found to have denigrated Bachar then that person should be dealt with accordingly

Glad you took it the right way. Lets see how the investigation plays out.

BTW I don't believe lee harvey oswald acted alone, though having been to Dallas, the shot looks easier than often portrayed.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
On first report I was hoping it was Robbo, but as pointed out, if it was the HUN wouldn't have broken the story

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
whoever said it is a moron. this type of narrow mindedness is killing Australia (and the world) and buys into the uneducated vitriol that seems to increase more and more.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
I'm trying to work out who's a high profile media person that supports Richmond and would be so upset with our performance that they screamed out an off the cuff offensive remark.
I think I've worked it out ;)

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
the media have no problem naming and shaming a 12 year old girl when she called goodes a name....but when its one of their own their is no naming and shaming

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The biggest problem that we have with Bachar Houli is that there's only one of him.

Let's imagine that instead of say, Jake Batchelor (when he plays medium) we had someone like Pittard in the role. And instead of Newman or Morris, we played Malceski.

Would other teams be able to cut our run by dragging Houli back to the square?

It's pretty simple. Every year you plan how you'll add run to your backline. Add it this year, next, the one after. Plan it.

In the 2014 drafts we took four or more players who could add run. How many did we draft in previous years? None? That's a low number. Whoever decided on adding that number has to be subtracted.

If Castagna were ready to go Houli would find more space straight away.

Maxwell

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2003
Melbourne
artball said:
whoever said it is a moron. this type of narrow mindedness is killing Australia (and the world) and buys into the uneducated vitriol that seems to increase more and more.

Was sitting in the MCC and heard a teenager call him a Jihadist, I had a stern word at him but I couldn't believe that it still happens in this day and age (must be my naivety).

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Dyer'ere said:
Would other teams be able to cut our run by dragging Houli back to the square?

Memories of when Jake King was taking em on in the back line, and then North played Corey Jones on him one-out in their forward line.

Stop Houli's run and we don't get the ball across the centre. It's too easy for them.