Re: Mr Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Mr Damien Hardwick

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Has " When Will Bernie Go " thread been nobbled ?. If so what has happened to free speech on PRE.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigaman said:
Has " When Will Bernie Go " thread been nobbled ?. If so what has happened to free speech on PRE.

Not sure Free Speech is part of the PRE T&C. Shame it’s locked, those that copped it relentlessly don’t get a chance to give it back now that the flogs have been proven wrong.

You should be thankful it’s locked.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Baloo said:
Not sure Free Speech is part of the PRE T&C. Shame it’s locked, those that copped it relentlessly don’t get a chance to give it back now that the flogs have been proven wrong.

You should be thankful it’s locked.

X2. either it should have been locked after we jumped out of the block, Or left open for posterity. Its like a PRE dishonour board. We win the flag and suddenly we all have to be one big happy family? Life doesn't work like that unfortunately, gotta pay the piper.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Tigaman said:
Bernie copped a lot of flak & he deserved it. The persons who gave Bernie flak did it in good spirit but now the good spirit has been replaced with vitriol by a few.

Good spirit? I'd hate to see you getting mean spirited. A lot did it in good spirit sure, said all along there is a difference between being critical and having doubts, and the small minority who stuck to extreme deluded anti-Dimma dogma. There were'nt too many. And even less are sticking to that disrespectful handle.

As for the vitriol, anyone with a brain knows who has and hasn't been vitriolic. Hang on while I get my violin out man... :nopity

This whole thing has provided an interesting insight into the psychology of bizaare extremist cults.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tigaman said:

What do you mean by "free speech"? People agree to certain terms and conditions when they register on the site. There was too much personal abuse on that thread. I was sick of posts being reported. Requests to cut it out were ignored. Locking it has stopped it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Do those complaining about how the site is run still agree to the rules they accepted on registration?

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

Membership of this site is subject to the following rules.

As part of the hosting agreement swearing isn’t acceptable and there is a swear filter in place. Posts that try and get around the swear filter by using symbols and asterisks will be removed and a warning given.

Messages shouldn’t threaten or humiliate any other person or contain personal insults. 1) There is a zero tolerance policy for flame wars, baiting, and malicious personal attacks on all forums. Such activity will result in posting rights being suspended/banned -- without warning.'

Racist and sexually prejudiced comments aren’t welcome.

Brief replies that add nothing to the discussion but to denigrate or bag a situation/event/player/official/poster, or hijack a discussion will be deleted and the poster banned for repeat offences.

Moderating decisions won't be discussed publicly and posts questioning things considered to be confidential are likely to be deleted. Forum staff have the final say and majority vote doesn’t always count. Staff seek to make the community enjoyable for as many people as they possibly can. They do their best and if you disagree with a decision, contact them via personal messaging, rather than airing complaints in public. Keep in mind it's not appropriate for them to discuss other posters so please don't ask.

Any breach of the above will usually be followed with a single warning via email or PM from the administrators of PRE and the removal of the offending post. Subsequent breaches could result in a ban from PRE.

Full registration agreement and site rules here

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
OK enough Pal.

PRE etiquette as been going downhill since the decline in Rosy's online influence. The character attacks that normally goes on in the Race, Religion and Politics thread is now prevalent all across the boards.

People leave PRE because of the sniping and personal attacks. (Not saying that's why CM hasn't been online since the above post and I certainly hope all's well with him).

Of those putting in their 2 bob's worth above Baloo regularly makes public jibes about how the site is run but never bothers to discuss his issues with me. Tigersnake has had several messages removed lately because they contain personal insults only and nothing to do with actual opinions. Tigaman...well say no more. A couple of others insist on constantly baiting each other...then they both report the other one behind the scenes and accuse me of allowing the virtual stalking when they are as guilty of it as each other.

People report that kind of posting for a reason. I'm sure the vast majority would prefer this site be run according to the rules. When PRE started the site members made the rules.

CM is correct. I don't run the site like I used to. So sick of the abuse and it's really too much for one person to handle. Easier to stay away myself.

Time I lifted my act. If people contribute on this site they are expected got abide by the rules they agreed to.

This thing that astounds me is how much abuse there has been at a time we should be over the top delirious with our premiership win. Weird.

Happy posting everyone. :hearton