Re: The Tigers of Old 50,000 Post thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: The Tigers of Old 50,000 Post thread

YinnarTiger said:
It's quoted here but when I try to click on the link to the quote, nothing happens.

It shows in his posts section in his profile page and his profile says he's on 49,999 posts.

YinnarTiger said:
Yes I know it's on his profile page but you can't link to it to read it in context.

Yeah, I see what you mean Ynnar. The 49,999 must have been moved to another thread, or somewhere inaccessible to the masses. This is the post in question:

Quote from: Tigers of Old on 06-03-2014, 16:30:17
It's still a good forum rosy and even though I branch out a bit more these days, I still enjoy posting here otherwise I would have departed long ago.

I did say there are still some excellent posters here and I really mean that.

For me personally it used to be a lot more fun on the boards but that could just be a sign that a lot of us are getting older.

Like Tigertim I only discovered Punt Road End forum by fluke on the back of some publicity in a HUN article back in 2004.
What a volatile time that was at Richmond. The club has come a long way in 10 years that's for sure.

PRE has enabled me as a vehicle to discuss my greatest passion with other likeminded Richmond supporters when I have been on the other side of the world.
It's also enabled me to meet a lot of really good real people in person, some of whom have become good friends.
For those reasons especially I am genuinely grateful to you for the work you've done in keeping it going.

I like this thread because it's a bit of a walk down memory lane and don't see it as more that that.

Looking forward though I hope I'm still on here for a long time to come yet and posting about Richmond premierships in the not too distant future..

Go Tiges.

Baloo said:
Yeah, I see what you mean Ynnar. The 49,999 must have been moved to another thread, or somewhere inaccessible to the masses. This is the post in question:

Why "must" it have been moved to another thread? If it was it would show in the other thread in ToO's posting history. If it was inaccessible his tally would probably be reduced by 1 post. I'm the only one who w/could have moved it and I didn't do so. In fact I can see it.

Try this link

rosy23 said:
Why "must" it have been moved to another thread? If it was it would show in the other thread in ToO's posting history. If it was inaccessible his tally would probably be reduced by 1 post. I'm the only one who w/could have moved it and I didn't do so. In fact I can see it.

Try this link

Because the post wasn't there 10mins ago. When Yinnar made his post I went to check to see what he was saying and I saw it as well, hence my reply. The thread jumped from:

http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=49426.msg1688828#msg1688828
to
http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=49426.msg1688835#msg1688835

Either it was hidden/moved or the forum has some bugs which causes some posts to dissapear without anyone doing anything, and then re-appearing again.

YinnarTiger said:
Post miraculously re-appearing after being deleted? ..

No. It was never deleted. If it had been deleted his post count would have dropped and it wouldn't have been visible in his posting history.

Just curious as to where the post went. It certainly did not exist in the thread when Baloo and I looked for it. So it's a mystery that needs explaining, if it wasn't deleted where was it?

YinnarTiger said:
.... So it's a mystery that needs explaining, if it wasn't deleted where was it?

It doesn't "need" to be explained. I can't explain it. You seem to be the only one who's uptight about it. Some mysteries can't be explained. There are few gremlins in this forum lately. It's a not a matter of "if it wasn't deleted" . No ifs about it. It WASN'T deleted. I don't have any function to reinstate deleted posts. If they're deleted they are history. Gone never to return. You can choose to doubt that but fact is, as I've already said, if a post is deleted the post count goes down and the post doesn't show in the users history. As you are aware the post in question was always in ToO's posting history and his number count hadn't been decreased.

rosy23 said:
... Some mysteries can't be explained...

Doesn't stop people trying though. Been to the Christianity thread lately?

The original mystery in this thread has people theorizing the mystery of the silence from ToO. ;D

Don't think anyone is uptight about any of it.