recently at the doctors surgery | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

recently at the doctors surgery

cassady

You took my dreams from me when i first found you
Nov 22, 2004
Floating
Recently when i was waiting for the doctor i was flipping thru a pc mag and it absolutely bagged internet explorer and outlook express.

now i didnt really understand all the tech jargon but esssentially the article said u must not use these programs.

so is this true or a problem and what alternatives do i have?

as always i value the input of the good people of puntroad end (and dmx)

Cass

I use them mostly, but as an ex Mac user I understand why others don't

I used to use Netscape Navigator, but now use Mozilla as my alternative browser

For when I'm surfing for stuff the kids shouldn't see

Netscape Communicator comes with an email package, I've never had a problem with outlook express

There are 136 browsers here http://www.download.com/3150-2356_4-0-1-0.html?

If you lose IE completely you may find windows won't work

Some 330 emailers here http://www.download.com/Utilities/3150-2369-0.html?tag=dir

cassady said:
what about email programs man?
I use Outlook instead of Outlook Express. It's pretty heavy - not as simple to use as Outlook Express. I use IE 6, can't say I've had any real probs with either, aside from the typical Microsoft issues of the programs not responding. Ctrl-Alt-Delete usually sorts that out :)

Firefox absolutely kills IE6, but I am waiting for it to provide support for a couple more programs before I switch over.
Mind u, once Linux supports a few more programs, I will use my XP Pro Disc as a coffee coaster. Does that say enough?! ;D