reserve seating tonight? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

reserve seating tonight?

I cant understand why we play home games at the Telstra Dome, when our home ground is the MCG.
We have our home ground advantage away to St Kilda. Do you see any of the interstate clubs having to play their home games at the telstra dome ?

I sense a KL reply coming up here. ;D

Basically we traded off MCG home game advantage and supporter happiness for guaranteed $$$$ to play home games at docklands.

Not sure how they measure the cost of supporter discontent or loss of home ground advantage though.

First time I can remember at a Tigers v Saints match where we were heavily outnumbered crowd wise although being up on the top deck probably gave me that impression. Tiger fans don't want to watch crap footy!

I was sitting next to a family who brought their 5th generation tiger supporting son to see his first game. Poor kid must have wondered what he did wrong to deserve this :-\ .

I dont see the point of playing a 'home' game at TD against the Saints, to me, it's not much different to Melbourne selling their home game to Brisbane for $250,000, which i dont think we would have got that much for last night.

Surely winning footy games is just as important as a few dollars from the AFL.

rosy3 said:
I sense a KL reply coming up here. ;D

Basically we traded off MCG home game advantage and supporter happiness for guaranteed $$$$ to play home games at docklands.

Not sure how they measure the cost of supporter discontent or loss of home ground advantage though.

I don't need to Rosy. :D

I think you may have just don't it for me. The only thing I will add is we traded 1 MCG home game because if we weren't playing 4 home games there we would still have to play 3 as dictated by the AFL.

But lets be honest on this one Rosy - we have a different view on the Telstra thing ann besides....

..I better be careful today though, I can't be seen defending the CLub for anything - it isn't safe ;D