Richmond Cutbacks Hit Onfield Peformance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Cutbacks Hit Onfield Peformance

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
From www.puntroad.com/content

====

After a season in which endeavour and hardness at the ball is only bought in by players who've spent time at the Burgers (the RESERVES for chrissakes!), Richmond fans are now witness to further slackening off and huffing in the last quarter of the last 5 matches played.

Assute observers will have noticed that since Clinton "Corn Chips" Caseys' business plan and cutbacks were implimented, the Tigers now only play for 3/4 of the match before fading out in the final quarter.

Richmond Chief Lucre Officer Goran 'Filthy' Cassidy said at Insurance Stadium yesterday, "Yeah nah look I'm Filthy. The financial problems we've been having have effected the whole club, not just the outsourced marketing and administration functions. We've also had cut-backs in the football department that has meant not taking over a full compliment of support staff to interstate games. However, the new business plan has demanded further cut backs. In the case of on-field playing ability, the players have been instructed to cut back on their endeavours for the last 30mins of the game in order to save time and effort for next season.

"And let me tell you something else. Wallace ain't cheap. We've gotta start putting away the pennys for him now. Don't be surprised if we have to cut out entire halves for the remaining games left in 2004."

Richmond supporters were relieved to hear that this meant that there was only one game left in the the season. Children and spouses of Richmond supporters were also thankful.

Freed Nerk of Moe said, "At least there'll be a little less cussing around the joint. Jannine didn't swear this much when she was giving birth to Taylor."