Tigers in trade talks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers in trade talks

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney
Edition 205 - The Flaming Bladder in Athens Part 2
Wednesday, 25 August 2004     

AFL
Tigers in trade talks
by STAFF REPORTERS

New Richmond coach Terry Wallace is preparing for several dramatic draft deals as outgoing coach Danny Frawley nurses the team to its final hit-out of 2004.

While deliberately retaining a low profile until Frawley's farewell, Wallace is believed to have been very active in meetings with player managers and other club officials.

"The way I hear it, Terry has a couple of showstopper trades in the works," a spokestiger told The Bladder.

"The big one is Alastair Lynch. Terry reckons he's got that one all but done, bar the signatures. It's Lynch for three years, in exchange for Richo and a young player, probably Mark Coughlan. Terry reckons that kid's on a good whack of money and hasn't done a thing all year so he can go."

Another big deal in the making was a potential offer to Saint Robert Harvey, in the vicinity of $3.4 million guaranteed over a five-year contract. "That will be in exchange for Kane Johnson, Nathan Brown and two young players, probably Brent Hartigan and Daniel Jackson," the source said.

"If Harvey isn't interested, Michael Voss would get the same deal, possibly with Jay Shulz thrown in as a sweetener to Brisbane in order to get Shaun Hart on a four year deal as well."

Other big names are also in line for approaches from the Tigers.

"As a former midfielder, Plough is strong on having an engine room," the spokestiger said. "The chances are you'll see some genuine, highly credentialed in-and-under ball players arrive at Punt Road for 2005 and beyond. Guys like Simon Garlick from the Bulldogs, or maybe Adelaide's Ronnie Burns. Former Blue Craig Bradley might even be worth a conversation.

"We need to bolster our defence too, so Matthew Croft can expect a phone call. Terry plans to sign *smile* to a nine-year extension of his existing deal, but we need somebody else down there to take another key forward."

The Bladder is not a serious site. Everything is not real.
www.thebladder.com.au

I thought this one was pretty funny too  ;D !!!

Edition 205 - The Flaming Bladder in Athens Part 2
Wednesday, 25 August 2004 

AFL
Coaches respect intact
by STAFF REPORTERS

Rodney Eade and Terry Wallace have again refused to comment on the coaches they are replacing at the Bulldogs and Richmond respectively next year.

But at a Coaches Guild press conference yesterday, both Eade and Wallace conceded it was difficult watching their new teams without having an opinion on what they were seeing.

"I have no comment to make, other than Danny's done a sterling job. It would be wrong of me to say that turning this group of under performing boy-men into a football team will take most of my five years," Wallace told reporters.

"I have utmost respect for Danny. He's a quality guy and footy needs more people like him. So I would never say he'd have trouble organising the Ringwood Rockets netball team and couldn't hold the attention of stray dog with a fresh bone in his hand. I'd simply never say that."

When pressed on Peter Rohde's performance at the Bulldogs this year, Rodney Eade remained circumspect. "Peter has worked without a lot of resources. Let's count them. A basic understanding of football is a resource he doesn't have. The ability to respond to opposition coaching moves is another resource he's lacked. Really, he should be applauded for the work he's done in tough circumstances."

Richmond President Clinton Casey applauded Wallace's diplomacy, adding: "Danny Frawley did not take five years from us that we'll never get back. He shrewdly put us into a position where improvement was the only direction we could travel."

The Bladder is not a serious site. Everything is not real.
www.thebladder.com.au

I know this only meant to be humour, but isnt there a designated jokes section on here for this kind of stuff?

The Bladder is a web site that is devoted to "taking the p!ss" out of anything thats related to sport. These articles are not intended to be taken seriously.