Richmond vs Hawks in Tassie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Hawks in Tassie

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Gibcus ahead of Miller o_O

RCD, Caddy, Mansell and Stack not even mentioned in dispatches

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I think with one or two possible ins, this is pretty close to what we will see in round 1.

Reactions: 1 user
Biggie, Martyn and Mozza in but no Stacky, Sonz, Mansell, RCD or Dow?

Maybe those 3 haven't done their homework.

Gibcus ahead of Miller o_O

RCD, Caddy, Mansell and Stack not even mentioned in dispatches

Yep will get a shot to play Vlastuins intercept role, that role Miller doesnt fill.

They couldve played Broad in that role instead and given Miller another run too, but have chosen to give the Gibbus another taste.

Martyn, Biggy and Moju just to get a run around and a taste.

Marlion, Stack not named in the side is more interesting to me.

RCD carrying sore ribs apparantly.

Hopefully Junior gets some game time and shows some exciting stuff.

I would've liked to have seen RCD play and what's the go with Pickett, thought he'd be in ahead of a few Or Dimma and co just giving Ross, Martyn, Aarts, Biggy, Brown and Rioli Jnr more game time.​

MATCH DETAILS

Hawthorn v Richmond
Saturday March 5, 1:10pm AEDT
Devonport Oval

BacksDylan Grimes2Robbie Tarrant6Josh Gibcus28
Half-BacksJayden Short15Nathan Broad35Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineJack Ross5Trent Cotchin9Kamdyn McIntosh33
Half-ForwardsShai Bolton29Liam Baker7Shane Edwards10
ForwardsNoah Balta21Tom Lynch19Jack Riewoldt8
FollowersToby Nankervis25Dion Prestia3Dustin Martin4
Interchange:Hugo Ralphsmith45Ivan Soldo20Jake Aarts16
Jason Castanga11Bigoa Nyuon47Tom Brown30
Will Martyn36Maurice Rioli49
Emergencies:Ben Miller46Samson Ryan32Marlion Pickett50
Matt Parker37

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
No trained today
Ok thanks , hopefully its just the MC feel its better to give him and RCD a full game in the vfl instead of limited game time in seniors with 8 on the bench..
Or perhaps they are genuinely behind Aarts and co in the pecking order :mad:

• Angry
No Dow or RCD.

Looking at the interchange bench - our midfield looks light on for rotations. Only Will Martyn and perhaps Aarts.
Would have to be relying on Baker Bolton and Ross spending extended periods in the middle.

Great ground Devonport Oval. One of the best surfaces you’ll see in Australia.

Reactions: 4 users
Great ground Devonport Oval. One of the best surfaces you’ll see in Australia.

Australia?
I thought the game was being played in Tassie.

Edit: Just for context I’ll add this

I remember some years back 3AW (Rex Hunt etc) we’re broadcasting from Melbourne for a game that hadn’t started yet.
Anyway they had time to cross to their commentator in Launceston for the start of the game being played there (probably Hawthorn v someone).

I can’t remember his name either - but anyway he gave the team changes and umpires and all that sort of stuff and then said that so and so had won the toss and elected to kick to the Hobart end of the ground and that as a result Hawthorn would be kicking to the Australia end.

There was silence for a moment and then they got stuck into him (with fake outrage really ) and gave him curry for the rest of the day.
Very funny.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Richmond VFL has named its squad to take on the Box Hill Hawks in a practice match on Saturday morning at the Swinburne Centre.

Thirty-three Tigers make up the squad, featuring a mix of both AFL-listed and VFL-listed players.

Josh Caddy, Sydney Stack, Marlion Pickett, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Thomson Dow, Rhyan Mansell, and Matt Parker are among the Richmond players named for the pre-season hit-out, alongside draftees Tom Brown, Judson Clarke and Tyler Sonsie.

Saturday's clash at the Swinburne Centre kicks off at 11.00am, with entry via Gate 1 (Roar Store) from 10.30am. No parking will be available at the Swinburne Centre for patrons. There will be food trucks on offer, but the pre-season game will be a dry event with no alcohol available.

Richmond's pre-season practice match squad against Box Hill:

13 Tom Brown
14 Misilifi Faimalo
20 Tylar Young
22 Josh Caddy
23 Judson Clarke
26 Riley Collier-Dawkins
27 Thomson Dow
29 Tyler Sonsie
31 Ryhan Mansell
32 Samson Ryan
37 Matt Parker
38 Noah Cumberland

40 John Jorgensen
44 Sydney Stack
46 Ben Miller
50 Marlion Pickett

51 Tom Brachar
52 Angus Hicks
53 Matt Barlett
54 Jack Sexton
55 Lachlan Street
56 Riley Loton
57 Nathan Oakes
58 Cam Olden
62 Nick Guiney
63 Dylan Cook
65 Joel Nathan
66 Tom Brindley
68 Massimo D'Ambrosio
70 Austin Johnson
71 Jackson Davies
72 Mykelti Lefau
73 Sam Tucker

M Rioli is the interesting one there for me.

If we are going to play the two rucks in the forward rotation like we did last week, we look very slow on defensive transition.

Maybe they are contemplating having Rioli play the role of forward line Tassie Devil to even that out a bit.
Yeah wondered the same thing. Great chance for Moz to put on a show.